Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Inb4 the Swans get umpired out of the game against the Bombers so the dream run/fairytale can continue.

Fully expecting Jobe Watson to win the Brownlow now.

Lol. Inb4 the Swans get umpired out of the game against the Bombers so the dream run/fairytale can continue.

Fully expecting Jobe Watson to win the Brownlow now.

The power of being #big4 hey?

If Norf had pulled this s**t they would've been playing out of Bellerive for the last 4 years.

Geez they like to stretch it out. Hope it isn't padded as much as Brownlow night. SPP and Houston need to get back to training.

Yeah, took hours to eke out the first 4 judges' votes, but couldn't hold out any longer and splooged out the final result just like that, leaving us poor fans....frustrated :straining:

Oh well, coming third behind two players from the protected Victorian team species isn't too bad for a kid from an interstate team who was draft 16 picks later than the winner.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that Burton and McGrath are both fantastic players in their own right and I'm not discrediting their seasons by any stretch, but we all know how the media loves the Victorian teams and can't resist having a wank-fest over the top picks. SPP played in a team that nearly made top four and week-in-week-out went head-to-head against the best midfielders in the competition. Was a shame he didn't kick 4 goals with his four shots against West Coast when we played them in Perth, because I'm sure the media would've lapped that up enough to give him a couple more votes.

Premierships are worth more than rising star awards I guess :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back