Strategy What are your plans for the prelim?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
The Tigers biggest game in 35 years (lets face it we weren't a chance in 1995 and 2001).

To quote the great Bigfooty Richmond scholar Madtiger2006 this will be "The mother of all atmospheric games".

I'm gonna treat it like a Grand Final similar to the QF but with more froffs and merriment. I might even drive into work on Friday with a Tigers scarf hanging out each window of my XA :D
As it could be our last game this year :'( pre game celebrations are a must so I'm planning to soak up the atmosphere around the city and Richmond eating, drinking and walking - Swan St, Precinct, London, Cricketers Arms\Royal etc. Have to be careful not write myself off before the game of course because the crowd and atmosphere will be insane. And there's the game itself.

If we win it's off to Swan St for party central. Lose and I will stay to the end to cheer the boys off no matter what the score. It's been an amazing season built off hard work and they deserve a fitting send off for that rather than a walk out for a rare but poorly timed bad game.

With Richmond prelim appearances being as rare as rocking horse s**t how's everyone else planning to celebrate the occasion?

I might even drive into work on Friday with a Tigers scarf hanging out each window of my XA :D
As it could be our last game this year :'( pre game celebrations are a must so I'm planning to soak up the atmosphere around the city and Richmond eating, drinking and walking - Swan St, Precinct, London, Cricketers Arms\Royal etc.
You realise the game is Saturday and not Friday, yeah?

Sadly couldn't get time off work to come to the game.

Will be heading home from work about 6pm, got the mates all coming over and will be having a big one for it. Hopefully a sore head from celebrating at work the next morning haha.

Will be heading home from work about 6pm, got the mates all coming over and will be having a big one for it. Hopefully a sore head from celebrating at work the next morning haha.
I think its going to be a twilight or afternoon game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game will be over by then. Do some modding.

I think its going to be a twilight or afternoon game

I thought it was saturday night?

* my life if it's a day game.

Guess it will be a full media blackout so I can get home and watch the replay...

The Tigers biggest game in 35 years (lets face it we weren't a chance in 1995 and 2001).

To quote the great Bigfooty Richmond scholar Madtiger2006 this will be "The mother of all atmospheric games".

I'm gonna treat it like a Grand Final similar to the QF but with more froffs and merriment. I might even drive into work on Friday with a Tigers scarf hanging out each window of my XA :D
NO NO please NO!!! It's brought me nothing but back luck whenever I've seen scarves out the window pre-game. I caught someone doing it at the 2013 EF and again against the Cats in Geelong.

NO NO please NO!!! It's brought me nothing but back luck whenever I've seen scarves out the window pre-game. I caught someone doing it at the 2013 EF and again against the Cats in Geelong.

Then whatever you do don't look because if you see a 2 door XA with Tiger scarves out the window on Friday we are faaaarked! :p

Crossing the Tasman from Auckland on Friday night on Emirates.

On Saturday it's;
- breakfast with some luminaries and great friends;
- lunch on Bridge Rd with the "Flying Tigers" family;
- possibly the Corner Hotel upstairs (depending on game start time);
- pre game function in Yarra Park Room at the G;
- game; and
- MRC
- dinner in Richmond;and
- sleep.

Sunday it's the VFL Grand Final then fly home. NZ go on daylight savings next weekend, so will get home at 3am Monday.

Can't wait.

Haere Ra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back