Autopsy Swans vs Geelong SF 2017 [READ OP BEFORE POSTING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely. I like Geelong as a football club but I can't stand Danger. Absolute smug campaigner that gets a BJ by the umps every game. Adelaide have had a few ****** up years and have still managed to stay at the top. It would be nice seeing them take the flag out. Richmond - yeah nah they can piss off.

You thought the Bulldogs was bad...just wait till Richmond wins it...

Swans’ 100-year disgrace

The Sydney Swans have been embarrassed after scoring the club’s lowest full-time score in a final since 1917.

The Swans were in every way outclassed by the hungrier cats to finish with just five goals for the match.

Their score of 5.9 is the lowest by a Sydney or South Melbourne team since the Swans coughed up just 3.17 (35) in a semi-final against Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up there with the 2014 GF bad night for the club.
An appalling indictment on the coaching staff and many senior players.

Melican better have been injured.

Man, the Swans really drink their own bath water. Get talked up by the media and by supporters, play like a donkey's arse. It's astonishing how many times this has happened, especially in finals. Simply cannot mentally handle the favouritism tag. The usual suspects once again go missing and not enough players stand up when the going gets tough. Same old story, different year (I'm beginning to sound like a broken record player at the end of each season). Probably about time the swans invest in having an MCG sized ground to train on since we are deplorable on that ground. Well done to Geelong, they earned that victory.

Chris Scott wins his second final out of 9 attempts and is a genius fickle industry.
My god I hate the way he carries on in the coaching box. I know his players can't see it during the game, but whenever they do see footage, surely they must think "we're being asked to put our bodies on the line for THAT tosser?"

I love how it doesn't matter how many awful performances we dish up in finals the coach won't be held accountable until we stop making finals. This is inspid- Geelong were pretty good tonight, but we were ******* woeful. Rohann/Parker are especially culpable because they are notorious, routine big game ******* shockers. Parker gets off lightly because he thrashes the likes of Essendon in finals or plays well in 'big games' that are easy wins. Pre bloody shocking stuff tonight.

Badluck fellas on the loss tonight, always tough to stomach when you're so close to the finish line, Sydney is a proud club and will bounce back, it's bloody hard to make finals especially coming way back from 0-6 but you guys did it and we're a couple games why of a GF.. as to the game itself, I posted in the GameDay thread about a couple of concerns, that mark Menegola took uncontested deep in Geelong F50 from a long bomb was the first sign for me that something was up, a switched on Sydney would kill that ball 9/10 having 3-4 blokes all over it, I turned to my brother whos a Richmond supporter like me but follows Sydney with a keen eye and said that this has the Richmond of 2015 about it, we started 1-8 and spent every petrol ticket just to make it to the finals, Sydney was in the same boat, every game was an elimination final for you blokes and at some point it takes its toll on the team. I will be honest and say I'm not the greatest fans of Sydney, but that has nothing to do with how successful and great your club the boys gave it there all, it's impossible to be switched on for 3-4 months like your mob was without having a down spot at some point, I thought I'd drop by and say best of luck for 2018, I know football is an emotional sport and we can sometimes eat our own after a bad loss so thought id try and give an alternative viewpoint. All the best for 2018 fellas should be a ripping year.

Every year has been frustrating since 2013
We don't know how to handle being favourites

2014-2017 finals exits all happened when we were the clear favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back