Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be silly, of course I don't know what the figure is. Neither do you.

I'm not sure what fine detail it is, but I'm glad it ended COLA :thumbsu:

But I do hope Buddy makes it through the whole contract, even if it would be amusing seeing Swans trying to weasel their way out of it.

Bit of a myth that it ended CoLA.

Technically, knocking Collingwood out in the 2012 Prelim, amd winning the GF killed it.

As such...totally worth it. ;)

Buddy was still at Hawthorn when the committee formed to remove it in early 2013.

Tippo was still a Crow, too, when the AFL originally briefed the AFL club Presidents in Sep 2012.

Bit of a myth that it ended CoLA.

Technically, knocking Collingwood out in the 2012 Prelim, amd winning the GF killed it.

As such...totally worth it. ;)

Buddy was still at Hawthorn when the committee formed to remove it in early 2013.

Tippo was still a Crow, too, when the AFL originally briefed the AFL club Presidents in Sep 2012.
he was the straw that broke the camels back

he was the straw that broke the camels back

Pretty sure it was all predetermined.

The equalisation committee (headed by Eddie McGuire - no surprise) met in March 2013. Findings were presented to the League that year and in Mar 2014 the policy was apprioved by the clubs and then enacted.

The camel was well and truly dead and buried by the time Buddy was in red and white.

It now needs to be asked whether Buddy made a huge mistake - not so much leaving Hawthorn- but joining Sydney.

There were plenty of other teams he could have joined in 2013. West Coast, GWS, Freo. I am certain each of these teams at the time would have given a better opportunity of a flag.

Then there is misisng out on two flags at his old team and being part of history.

Yep he has the big bucks but surely he will consider his move to the Swans as the worst move he could have made given he is one of the greatest players to play the game.

Discuss

Yeah, nah xoxo

View attachment 417029

Buddy's regret? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

What a cluster**** of wish thinking this thread is.

Exactly, He went to Sydney because it suited his relationship better than melbourne and he could make more money and go to a great club..... no brainer...... if only I could play footy as good as Bud I'd be with her

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was all predetermined.

The equalisation committee (headed by Eddie McGuire - no surprise) met in March 2013. Findings were presented to the League that year and in Mar 2014 the policy was apprioved by the clubs and then enacted.

The camel was well and truly dead and buried by the time Buddy was in red and white.
Franklin's move triggered the AFL this week to phase out the Swans' 9.8 per cent allowance after howls of protests from opposition clubs.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-06/Buddy-could-bring-contract-change

It now needs to be asked whether Buddy made a huge mistake - not so much leaving Hawthorn- but joining Sydney.

There were plenty of other teams he could have joined in 2013. West Coast, GWS, Freo. I am certain each of these teams at the time would have given a better opportunity of a flag.

Then there is misisng out on two flags at his old team and being part of history.

Yep he has the big bucks but surely he will consider his move to the Swans as the worst move he could have made given he is one of the greatest players to play the game.

Discuss

I think you'll find he wanted to move too Sydney, not the 'swans' and swapped clubs/employees because of that. Don't get me wrong he wants more premierships, like all players, but I think love, life style and happiness trumps that when he already has a couple and Sydney have been and still will be a chance each and every year. Don't forget since he moved, he has played in as many Grandfinals with Sydney as Hawthorn have.

Last edited:
These articles have been largely ignored. Take this quote re his Coleman in 2016

"At the end of the day it ALL means nothing. ALL I want to is to win [a] Premiership"

Note the word ALL. There's not a lot left after ALL. Actually there's f*** all once you minus ALL

Now if we accept him at his word and it is ALL meaningless without flags SURELY he has regrets. Give me this

Last edited:
These articles have been largely ignored. Take this quote re his Coleman

"At the end of the day it ALL means nothing. ALL I want to is to win [a] Premiership"

Note the word ALL. There's not a lot left after ALL. Actually there's f*** all once you minus ALL

Now if we accept him at his word and it is all meaningless without flags SURELY he has regrets. Give me this
He won a premiership dude.

O'Rourke Awakens!! Has posted 97 times in this thread, that next closest is 16, I have a feeling he is still a little bitter about the Bud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he cries himself to sleep on his bed of money every night, next to his model wife.

In which reality? He is taking prospectively in the article.
Would you really expect him to say: "* yeah, another coleman- mission accomplished!"

Every footballer says premierships matter. What's more important is money and women.

These articles have been largely ignored. Take this quote re his Coleman in 2016

Now if we accept him at his word and it is ALL meaningless without flags SURELY he has regrets. Give me this

The whole *en team would regret underachieving with this list the last 5-6 years,

Does he sit there thinking * i should of stayed at hawthorn? If hed never won a flag probably. I suspect if he could of or still can win a flag at sydney it gives his legacy a massive boost, perhaps wait til the end to judge. But other than that whats it matter? Do you want him to instagram on a beach holding his dog going what the * have I done?

Would you really expect him to say: "**** yeah, another coleman- mission accomplished!"

Every footballer says premierships matter. What's more important is money and women.
Not so sure. A lot of them say - one week at a time and make top four and anything can happen

He is very Veruca Salt(y) about it all if you ask me

I want it now Daddy!!!

I was challenged on trying to work out his views on it and I then supply 5 years of quotes. He probably talks about Premierships in his sleep. He's pretty obsessed. I don't how I can make my case any better tbh

The whole ****en team would regret underachieving with this list the last 5-6 years,

Does he sit there thinking **** i should of stayed at hawthorn? If hed never won a flag probably. I suspect if he could of or still can win a flag at sydney it gives his legacy a massive boost, perhaps wait til the end to judge. But other than that whats it matter? Do you want him to instagram on a beach holding his dog going what the **** have I done?
That would be a good start yes

I'm sure he cries himself to sleep on his bed of money every night, next to his model wife.

Yes, but in a few years time:

1. Buddy will be fat.
2. His girlfriend will be fat, or gone.
3. The money will 3 gone (to his many, many hangers on).

And when he gets around to premiership reunions, his teammates will be flashing 3 & 4 medals.

I'm sure they'll buy him a burger, though.

Back