Analysis Are we the only team without a bogey side now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shogun

All Australian
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
With our snap of the Geelong win streak against us, are we the only side in the comp without a bogey side?

I'm pretty sure we recent wins over everyone but I could be wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a bogey side is one that you consistently cannot beat over a period of time. beating them once does not erase the recent history of failure, they have still beaten us 14 of the last 15 times or something like that. if a team beat us once you wouldnt say they have the wood over us. we need to beat them another 1-2 times in the next 3 meetings to say it has changed.

Not sure winning our first game in 12 years against Geelong qualifies as 'breaking the hoodoo' anymore than winning against North this year levels the ledger (I don't include the Richmond v Werribee pre finals win against 'North').

Which clubs if any have we actually beaten more than they have beaten us since the introduction of the AFL? I suspect the result would be quite ugly.

We have a rich history with the VFL but have been statistically the worst side in the AFL.

a bogey side is one that you consistently cannot beat over a period of time. beating them once does not erase the recent history of failure, they have still beaten us 14 of the last 15 times or something like that. if a team beat us once you wouldnt say they have the wood over us. we need to beat them another 1-2 times in the next 3 meetings to say it has changed.

only a pies fan might be stupid enough to say that

imo norf n dees n cats hoodoo is OVAHHHHH

I think it's a mental thing...Sure, one win can break it, but then again, sometimes it wont.

It's a 'cause/effect' issue though, as you don't see the effects for a couple more games, and by then, you can't tell if it took 2 or 3 wins to break the hoodoo, or if it only needed one, and the rest are the result of the hoodoo being broken. Either way, you cant really say it's gone until you start beating them fairly regularly.

I think it's a mental thing...Sure, one win can break it, but then again, sometimes it wont.

It's a 'cause/effect' issue though, as you don't see the effects for a couple more games, and by then, you can't tell if it took 2 or 3 wins to break the hoodoo, or if it only needed one, and the rest are the result of the hoodoo being broken. Either way, you cant really say it's gone until you start beating them fairly regularly.

A GF win over them wouldn't hurt ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back