FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an ep for Lukey boy, all the food, phone call to home, then a night away with more food... then he is involved in getting rid of Henry who he'd been after since very early.

Luke had a big say too. Wanted Henry out from way back and got Jeri on board at the end.

Very well played by Tessa. Really planted the seed that it was Locky

And even Locky saw through it, why would you even risk it if you were Henry. Real trust issues there, thinking Locky is trying to screw him out of his idol

I've loved Tessa the whole time. She just confirmed why tonight. From winning the immunity, to the strategic choice of people to join her feast, to instigating the Henry move. What an absolute superstar!!!

That was a superb episode. Really, really good stuff.

I love Luke. People so underrate his influence, it's staggering. Love him reading out his vote, was priceless.

I've been up and down regarding my feelings on Sarah, but really rated what she did tonight. Back in my good books for sure. She'll be tough to beat actually.

Wide open now! Wonder how Ziggy is feeling. With her idol, and a big threat gone, her chances may have improved, but she's gotta be on the chopping block in coming episodes.

Wow...f***ing brilliant work by Tessa and (especially) Sarah.

The funny thing about Tara's surprise is that she probably doesn't even realise what a crap spot that result puts her in. Who ended up voting for Pete? The 'power three'...and her. If she lasts through to the end of next week, somebody's keeping her around as a goat. When she started banging on about how much she's been through to make it to the final 10, I wonder how many others were screaming at her through the TV "Yeah, like being voted off!!! Not many contestants in Survivor are able to battle on after that!!!"

Oh and am I the first to mention "Asatoa"? Can that be included in the s**t baby names discussion? A butchered portmanteau of Asaga and Samatau? Why didn't they get super creative and come up with "Agasa", or "Uatamas"?

Last edited:
I've loved Tessa the whole time. She just confirmed why tonight. From winning the immunity, to the strategic choice of people to join her feast, to instigating the Henry move. What an absolute superstar!!!

That was a superb episode. Really, really good stuff.

I love Luke. People so underrate his influence, it's staggering. Love him reading out his vote, was priceless.

I've been up and down regarding my feelings on Sarah, but really rated what she did tonight. Back in my good books for sure. She'll be tough to beat actually.

Wide open now! Wonder how Ziggy is feeling. With her idol, and a big threat gone, her chances may have improved, but she's gotta be on the chopping block in coming episodes.
Is it confirmed that Ziggy has no idol left? I couldn't remember if her super idol consisted of the ability to play it to nullify someone else's AND another to play for herself or if it is gone now that she's wasted it on Annaliese (and what a waste on that non-threat).

Is it confirmed that Ziggy has no idol left? I couldn't remember if her super idol consisted of the ability to play it to nullify someone else's AND another to play for herself or if it is gone now that she's wasted it on Annaliese (and what a waste on that non-threat).
Oh sorry, I think I worded that poorly. I meant she's got an idol, and coupled that with a big threat gone, she may be ok if she can swing some magic. But you think she's got to be a target soon enough.

Oh sorry, I think I worded that poorly. I meant she's got an idol, and coupled that with a big threat gone, she may be ok if she can swing some magic. But you think she's got to be a target soon enough.

I think that with a combination of 2-3 immunity challenge wins, her idol and others being more immediate targets, she's still as good a chance of getting to the last three as anyone. But she hasn't made many real moves and the ones she has made have had - at best - questionable value for her game. She's not winning over a jury, unless she can pull a rabbit out of the hat over the next fortnight.

Best episode of the season to date. The only thing that could've improved it is if someone had gone over Tara with the heavy roller while she had that shocked look on her ugly mug. If she was the only woman left on the planet I'd start looking to shave an ape.

Last edited:
Yeah I think the post-auction portion of tonight's episode was the best 30 minute stretch I've seen of Australian Survivor. The vast majority of remaining contestants are playing good games, providing good TV, or both.

I loved that jumpy Mexican standoff between the Tessa-Pete and Henry-Locky camps in the rain. There was an intriguingly weird combination of paranoia, trepidation and daring throughout that scene. What's more, people acting in their own best interests and trying to outwit their opponents like the slogan says. Great stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think the post-auction portion of tonight's episode was the best 30 minute stretch I've seen of Australian Survivor. The vast majority of remaining contestants are playing good games, providing good TV, or both.

I loved that jumpy Mexican standoff between the Tessa-Pete and Henry-Locky camps in the rain. There was an intriguingly weird combination of paranoia, trepidation and daring throughout that scene. What's more, people acting in their own best interests and trying to outwit their opponents like the slogan says. Great stuff.
It's fantastic. Unlike last season there is nobody there at this stage that I feel doesn't deserve to be there.

Oh, and I wonder how much time Luke spends at camp thinking of sweet lines for his vote. What a legend.

It's fantastic. Unlike last season there is nobody there at this stage that I feel doesn't deserve to be there.

Oh, and I wonder how much time Luke spends at camp thinking of sweet lines for his vote. What a legend.
Except Tara.

One minor gripe that I did have with tonight's episode is that I reckon they missed a trick by not reading out the votes for Pete first, for the reaction shots of Henry, Ziggy, Lockie and Tara looking supremely smug, only for the 'WTF?' expressions as the first two votes for Henry came in, followed by everyone else piling on.

A thought that I had about Henry's decision not to take Lockie's advice to play the idol was probably twofold. Firstly, Lockie is an overly paranoid, emotional and reactive player and secondly, with a furious whisper all that Lockie could really muster, I think that it's highly likely Henry would have taken that to mean he (Lockie) was asking Henry to play it for him.

It would have started to become some Gus Fring in season 4 of Breaking Bad s**t if Henry had been able to extricate himself from that. And even then, I'm not sure it would have helped, as he would have been in a group of 4 vs 5 in the next episode.

What an episode. And once Tara gets voted out we're guaranteed a better winner than last year (actually that was probably the case since season 2 got signed off on by Channel 10).

If I was at this years Survivor Auction I'd have offered Jonathan my $500 to find out the footy scores/ladder. Or at the very least if I won the phone call home I'd piss off all the other Survivors who have kids/spouses/actual lives by using the call to ask for a rundown of how Collingwood's season has been going. The editors would still be able to use the footage to create an emotional scene because I'd start crying once I heard how many games Collingwood was losing.

What an episode. And once Tara gets voted out we're guaranteed a better winner than last year (actually that was probably the case since season 2 got signed off on by Channel 10).

If I was at this years Survivor Auction I'd have offered Jonathan my $500 to find out the footy scores/ladder. Or at the very least if I won the phone call home I'd piss off all the other Survivors who have kids/spouses/actual lives by using the call to ask for a rundown of how Collingwood's season has been going. The editors would still be able to use the footage to create an emotional scene because I'd start crying once I heard how many games Collingwood was losing.
A certain contestant from last years season begged one producer the entire game for info about their football team. They made an agreement week one that if the contestant lasted until Day 50 they would get to ask one question about their team.

Let's just say that person wasn't happy with the answer

Survivor is like a test cricket pitch, over time small cracks will turn into holes. Henry's lie to Jericho was bound to catch up with him considering the information he had given others in the game.

He played a bold, creative and enjoyable game, but this contributed to his downfall

A certain contestant from last years season begged one producer the entire game for info about their football team. They made an agreement week one that if the contestant lasted until Day 50 they would get to ask one question about their team.

Let's just say that person wasn't happy with the answer

But I suppose it could have been worse, what if you were out there now: "Well your team lost an elimination final. In extra time. After the siren. And now the coach is quitting to go to the Suns. Or maybe he's staying and signing a 3-year contract extension. Have fun with that, magic boy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back