Player Watch #26: Anthony Miles

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodluck to him.

Always been a fan, has some genuine campaigner in him. West Coast would be an ideal fit after losing Priddis And Mitchell

Agree. Great fit at Westcoast. What would we get for Miles peeps? A 2nd rounder at best?

Last edited:

An elite clearance player that slips into a team's best 22..? Depends on how deep the professionals think this draft goes.
Could have some serious currency as part of a package.

Agree. Great fit at Westcoast. What would we get for Miles peeps? A 2nd rounder at best?
Maybe somehow we work our way into the second round of the draft and send a pick between 22-32 and Miles for Darling?

Pick 17 and Miles for Gaff?

Straight swap for Fraser McInnes?

Maybe somehow we work our way into the second round of the draft and send a pick between 22-32 and Miles for Darling?

Pick 17 and Miles for Gaff?

Straight swap for Fraser McInnes?

Tom Lamb and their 2nd for Miles?

There were times earlier in the year that I thought Miles should have played in front of Prestia, but good on him for continuing to give his all in the 2's despite continually being overlooked. Some club will get a solid and reliable inside mid and a great clubman.
Not sure we'll get a second rounder for him, well not an early one.

Either there's nothing to this or Ralphy/editor is awful at their jobs. Framed with very little hard info and lax on specifics .

"Essendon, Carlton, West Coast and Brisbane need to build the engine room of their midfields and are likely to be among the contenders." Not that they've actually chased him.

At the very least, don't take this like he's asked for a trade just yet.
He's out of contract, doesn't need to ask for a trade.

This guy is knocking on the door weekly with his performances in the VFL but the match committee doesn't want to mess with what is working and it hasn't helped that we have an injury list of one.

An unfortunate by-product of having a team playing well and with depth is that quality players who can be counted on to play their role will miss out on selection and invariably get itchy feet to move for greater opportunity and security.

I am as big a fan as anyone of Miles and he could certainly play the role Jack G is in the team for but I assume the decision has been made that Jack's intensity around the contest, tackling and upside are sufficient to keep Miles out.

It has been a while since we have had the quality of player such as Miles not getting a game. I would love him to stay but with the likelihood of both greater security in terms of contract size and length as well as greater game time, we could hardly begrudge him looking elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast's 2nd would be fair. Likely to be mid 30s after compo picks.

Yep for sure. Early to mid 30's seems a steal. But he'd start every game for them and 30 odd ain't too bad. Good luck to Anthony. Totally understand if he wants out.

Genuinely great inside mid and would prefer to keep him unless it's for a Top 10 Pick, which wouldn't be likely.

With Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, we need all our mids to be flexible moving forward or back.

That's his only weakness - he's a pure mid.

Pick upgrade at the worst.
That's my best scenario. We won't likely put much of a contract to him, I don't think we can afford to throw cash on a player 25-30 on the list so any team that offers two years at double base will be in the driving seat and we won't have much leverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back