The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think there will be a lot of girls getting her poster after that performance!

I mean, she's doing a lot of good things in getting people into the women's game. Really great to see!

Great crowd yesterday as well!

not sure how they got so good so quickly but hopefully the men can follow

I think there will be a lot of girls getting her poster after that performance!

I mean, she's doing a lot of good things in getting people into the women's game. Really great to see!

Great crowd yesterday as well!

What was the crowd?

not sure how they got so good so quickly but hopefully the men can follow

Simple reason? Increased professionalism in the game.

In fact, the Melbourne City team that won the title was fully professional. No part time stints in playing cricket, or anything like that. They live the sport like their male counterparts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple reason? Increased professionalism in the game.

In fact, the Melbourne City team that won the title was fully professional. No part time stints in playing cricket, or anything like that. They live the sport like their male counterparts.

driving around adelaide i can see all ovals a full with girls playing soccer as well.

driving around adelaide i can see all ovals a full with girls playing soccer as well.

It is an encouraging sign. But for soccer in this country, the most important stat is how many of those girls will play will go on to take the sport more seriously and play for a club at the senior level.

I know the local team's women have been getting a fair bit of support in recent times, especially with the season starting up. They have been trying their best to convert the U16/U18s into seniors.

@bojan source in adel says weve convinced Cunnington to come to us.
thoughts?
I highly doubt a victorian kid who gets homesick being in Melbourne is going to want to move interstate. He's like Anthony Stevens. Will retire in his early 30s and go back home to take over the farm.

I highly doubt a victorian kid who gets homesick being in Melbourne is going to want to move interstate. He's like Anthony Stevens. Will retire in his early 30s and go back home to take over the farm.

Stevo didnt move back to Waaia to take over the farm.

He lives in Bendigo and runs a hire business.

Smarter move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back