Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sound advice for the most part. The relentless campaign by retailers to annoy the s**t out you and offer you opaque deals has led people to just give up. The vast majority of people have stopped trying and are on "standing offers" which are ~30% more than what they'd pay if they switched every time their deals expired. You'll get the same advice from Labour leaders paying attention and it's worth doing until retail reform kicks in.

*Malcolm is still a jellyfish and has played a role in continuing the current energy debacle, but this bit is sound.
Hard to miss whether you have the best deal with One Big Switch all over the media especially breakfast shows, gv't websites plus all the other sites.
People are a lot smarter and checking their accounts to make sure they are getting the best rate.
For mine just spin.

Poor old Mal wasn't too happy on the 7.30 report.

I almost feel sorry for him.
Different from when he first became PM, Leigh was smiling all the time.
What a difference a few years make.

Last edited:
True but if enough people's votes went the other way it would be marginal. In this case unfortunately you are out of luck.

Out of 150 how many marginals would you say?
I think marginals are any where the 2party preferred is within 5% (so 52.5 to 47.5%)

It's sound advice for the most part. The relentless campaign by retailers to annoy the s**t out you and offer you opaque deals has led people to just give up. The vast majority of people have stopped trying and are on "standing offers" which are ~30% more than what they'd pay if they switched every time their deals expired. You'll get the same advice from Labour leaders paying attention and it's worth doing until retail reform kicks in.

*Malcolm is still a jellyfish and has played a role in continuing the current energy debacle, but this bit is sound.

people should do this for insurance as well rather than just renew

20-30% savings for just two calls

Hard to miss whether you have the best deal with One Big Switch all over the media especially breakfast shows, gv't websites plus all the other sites.
People are a lot smarter and checking their accounts to make sure they are getting the best rate.
For mine just spin.
There's still only a very small % of the population on anywhere near the best deals they could be on. All governments are getting this advice, they all pass it on because it's the lowest hanging fruit.

George Williams predicts disaster for Turnbull govt in the High Court

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...-for-turnbull-government-20170830-gy71dl.html

The Turnbull government is heading for a doomsday scenario in which its constitutionally controversial MPs are struck from Parliament and its postal survey on same-sex marriage is declared invalid, one of Australia's leading constitutional experts has predicted.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-p...-fake-news-at-its-finest-20170911-gyesxc.html

100% this.

I didn't see ANYTHING ANYWHERE condemning him for this and all of a sudden there's stories about how people need to chill.

Strike another one up for the " The great invisible PC boogeyman " scare campaign of 2017.

On the upside , most public support the chairmans seen in 18 years

Who gives a * what a bunch of people on social media say or think anyway.

It's the most infuriating thing, seeing twitter comments interspaced in articles as if some nobody from the suburbs with 50 followers actually lends weight to any argument or debate or point of view.

George Williams predicts disaster for Turnbull govt in the High Court

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...-for-turnbull-government-20170830-gy71dl.html

The Turnbull government is heading for a doomsday scenario in which its constitutionally controversial MPs are struck from Parliament and its postal survey on same-sex marriage is declared invalid, one of Australia's leading constitutional experts has predicted.

The Prof. was pretty far off the mark with the SSM vote, The Government had a big win in the High Court. s.44 will be a harder argument to prosecute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives a **** what a bunch of people on social media say or think anyway.

It's the most infuriating thing, seeing twitter comments interspaced in articles as if some nobody from the suburbs with 50 followers actually lends weight to any argument or debate or point of view.
You've missed the point. We hope that everyone knows those social media based stories are a joke, but this was a clear case of Liberal-supporters pretending there had been outrage in order to try and disseminate a picture they thought humanised the PM.

It's fake news. Two comments out of 600+, one of which wasn't even vitriolic, were turned into "PM slammed by social media outrage" in order to spread both their preferred political image and their preferred political message (a lie) about how society is.

You've missed the point. We hope that everyone knows those social media based stories are a joke, but this was a clear case of Liberal-supporters pretending there had been outrage in order to try and disseminate a picture they thought humanised the PM.

It's fake news. Two comments out of 600+, one of which wasn't even vitriolic, were turned into "PM slammed by social media outrage" in order to spread both their preferred political image and their preferred political message (a lie) about how society is.
^^ This guy gets it

I'm not even a parent and I've balanced a glass of booze in one hand, and a baby in other. I bet there's barely a parent alive who hasn't done that.

true...but who paid for the tickets? taxpayers, no doubt.

Oops, forgot about the second one. But hey, let's pick on those Centrelink losers.

It appears the prime minister never disclosed this later property interest on his register at the time or in subsequent disclosures. In Turnbull's later interest returns lodged in 2013 and 2016 he lists a single entry for a "New York apartment" in his wife's interests.

What does the pms wealth have to do with how they spend OUR money?

Well done though.. now they know he has 301.5 million dollars or whatever his wealth is.

What does the pms wealth have to do with how they spend OUR money?

Well done though.. now they know he has 301.5 million dollars or whatever his wealth is.
Did you even read the article or just replied based on your bias?

Here is a little education for you...

Within 28 days of making an oath or affirmation, each Member is required to provide to the Registrar of Members' Interests a statement of the Member’s registrable interests. The registrable interests of which the Member is aware of the Member’s spouse and any children wholly or mainly dependent on the Member for support must also be included in the statement. The statement is to include:

• in the case of new Members, interests held at the date of the Member’s election;
  • in the case of re-elected Members of the immediately preceding Parliament, interests held at the date of dissolution of that Parliament; and
  • changes in interests between these dates and the date of the statement.

Seems our PM forgot about the properties held in his wife's name. That is all, nothing to do with how they spend OUR money nor his wealth.

Did you even read the article or just replied based on your bias?

Here is a little education for you...

Within 28 days of making an oath or affirmation, each Member is required to provide to the Registrar of Members' Interests a statement of the Member’s registrable interests. The registrable interests of which the Member is aware of the Member’s spouse and any children wholly or mainly dependent on the Member for support must also be included in the statement. The statement is to include:

• in the case of new Members, interests held at the date of the Member’s election;
  • in the case of re-elected Members of the immediately preceding Parliament, interests held at the date of dissolution of that Parliament; and
  • changes in interests between these dates and the date of the statement.

Seems our PM forgot about the properties held in his wife's name. That is all, nothing to do with how they spend OUR money nor his wealth.
Then why refer to centrelink? What does this particular matter have to do with how centrelink is handled?

Im well aware they have to declare things. And I am no Malcolm fan. You might want to check your bias first.

Then why refer to centrelink? What does this particular matter have to do with how centrelink is handled?

Im well aware they have to declare things. And I am no Malcolm fan. You might want to check your bias first.
Because I only saw the article in in the one media outlet, Murdoch is too busy with Centrelink!

Yes, I have a huge bias against the Murdoch press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back