Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson-Giroud-Walcott
Monreal-Wilshere-ElNeny-MaitlandNiles
Chambers-Mert-Holding
Ospina​
Something like this perhaps against Doncaster? We are missing that RB back up.

Yeah something like that looks good, its full rotation( monreal aside), gives a couple of young talents a game and we still should win comfortably.

Hopefully we can use the league cup to showcase the young talent like we used to 8 or so years ago. Was genuinely exciting to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win is a win, but my gosh, what an appalling 2nd half performance. Wenger's tactics are so predictable that even a League 1 side in a relegation battle can exploit our weaknesses. Nelson should've never been played at RWB - probably had his confidence shot tonight. Both he and Maitland-Niles were shaky down back and needed to rely on pace to diffuse not one, but two Doncaster breakaways which put Ospina in a 1v1 position.

Doncaster were excellent - full credit to Darren Ferguson. The much better team in that second half, definitely should have equalised at the very least.

Alexis had a frustrating night overall, but I'm just going to put it down to match fitness and will not give his game another thought.

Iwobi (subbed on for Theo) done well - his passing needs work though.

Wilshere was excellent. 90 more minutes up his sleeve - look forward to seeing his resurgence continue, which will hopefully include a first team appearance after the international break.

Onto West Brom at home in the Prem. Tuesday 5am KO.

A win is a win, but my gosh, what an appalling 2nd half performance. Wenger's tactics are so predictable that even a League 1 side in a relegation battle can exploit our weaknesses. Nelson should've never been played at RWB - probably had his confidence shot tonight. Both he and Maitland-Niles were shaky down back and needed to rely on pace to diffuse not one, but two Doncaster breakaways which put Ospina in a 1v1 position.

Doncaster were excellent - full credit to Darren Ferguson. The much better team in that second half, definitely should have equalised at the very least.

Alexis had a frustrating night overall, but I'm just going to put it down to match fitness and will not give his game another thought.

Iwobi (subbed on for Theo) done well - his passing needs work though.

Wilshere was excellent. 90 more minutes up his sleeve - look forward to seeing his resurgence continue, which will hopefully include a first team appearance after the international break.

Onto West Brom at home in the Prem. Tuesday 5am KO.
Do you reckon Jack re-signs?

I don't think you can run Sanchez out for a full game against Doncaster.

He'll probably get 20mins at the end, but with Welbeck down for 4 weeks or so, Sanchez will be starting in the PL starting Monday against West Brom and probably won't be displaced until Welbeck is fit.

Yep

Do you reckon Jack re-signs?
His best is in my opinion good enough for the Arsenal first team. I'd treat this season (the last of his contract) as a performance review.

Another injury to Wilshere will see some dark clouds loom over his Arsenal career, unfortunately. We can only hope for the best.

Geez that second half was rough viewing. Lack of a killer blow and too much fancy stuff going on. First half was much more comprehensive.

I know nothing of substance about Doncaster but they were pretty impressive and unlucky not to score.

Surprised Alexis played the 90 minutes. Wilshere's passing was on point, still hard to believe he's only 25. Has been at the club for so long now, debuted at 17 I believe?

Unfortunately though, there's just that feeling that his next injury is a matter of time. Could be next week, the week after, or the month after. But just when you think he's finally overcome his injury issues, it will happen.

Hopefully for his sake, it won't. Still a handy option to have in the squad when fit.

This morning's attendance of 44,064 is the lowest ever recorded at the Emirates Stadium. Previous low was 46,539, set exactly six years ago against Shrewsbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back