Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

$2 tickets to open a billion dollar stadium for sub par entertainment and will be lucky to get over 10,000 attendance, only in WA.

They'll get 20k easily and probably closer to 30k. 10k went to a women's game here last year, there'll be another 10-15k curious to have a look at the new stadium and to say they were first.

It's a good test run and the club holding a men's team training session beforehand will ensure a decent crowd.

They'll get 20k easily and probably closer to 30k. 10k went to a women's game here last year, there'll be another 10-15k curious to have a look at the new stadium and to say they were first.

It's a good test run and the club holding a men's team training session beforehand will ensure a decent crowd.
Oh it's a solid 20K crowd definitely.

It'll be much more appealing than pricey cricket tickets for the ODI for those who just want to check out the stadium in action with a decent crowd in. The Fremantle men's training/signing day also on for $2 essentially will get a lot of extras in. I expect to see Fremantle to market the whole day as a chance for the club to put their own mark on the stadium. 30K is a good goal to aim for with this.

Fremantle Dockers women's team to play new Perth Stadium

$2 tickets

lolololololol, what a shocking way to open the stadium

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/fr...m/news-story/509303db26653d5a536339644676eeec

It's not opening the stadium.

"The $1.45 billion Perth Stadium and surrounding Stadium Park will officially open with a free Community Open Day on Sunday January 21, 2018."

There's also a chance that Australian and England will play a one dayer ther in January.

They got a capacity crowd at Fremantle Oval for an AFLW game so 25K is very realistic.
Can see a very relaxed crowd on a sunny day enjoying a game of football.
I guess the $2 charge is to check the ticketing function rather than revenue gathering.
I'll be going along. it might help me decide on a membership.

Personally can't see what all the hoo-ha is about being first to play at the Stadium! In due course both Clubs (or whoever else) will get to play there - the result is still what matters.

Gee there are some ******* dumb opinions here.

The stadium needs test events. This is a good one.

They probably won’t even open the top tiers- try and simulate a full-ish crowd on the bottom / middle level and have the outlets running at capacity.

If you really care about who opens the stadium you need to work harder at life - you clearly have your priorities wrong. And possibly a small dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, I'm not sure the shuttle buses need to go that far into the CBD, But they would be handy for anyone parking in that Glouchester Park - WACA - Plain St - Bennet St sort of pocket of the city, perhaps not the CBD itself. A bus route is one of those things that is very easy to adjust later when the actual patronage patterns emerge.
Any transport solution that contains the words "shuttle bus" is not a transport solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You said sub par entertainment. Entertainment is judged by the degree it entertains, not the quality of its kicking skills.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
bad kicking is bad football and bad football = bad entertainment

At least you will probably be getting your moneys worth

Last edited:
Docker home derbies will be pretty good I think. 40k dockers 20k eagles perhaps? Eagles home derby will probably be about 50k eagles 10k dockers.

You're probably on the money there.

It is going to be interesting to see how many of the Eagles supporters who have been on the waiting list, take up full membership in 2018. At present they would have about 40 000 seated members, expansion to 50 000 sounds feasible.

With the derbies, there may be an increased % of "neutrals" attending, as more seats available.

You're probably on the money there.

It is going to be interesting to see how many of the Eagles supporters who have been on the waiting list, take up full membership in 2018. At present they would have about 40 000 seated members, expansion to 50 000 sounds feasible.

With the derbies, there may be an increased % of "neutrals" attending, as more seats available.
don't members of the opposing team get first crack?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back