List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a clip of Tim Kelly, who people are comparing to Jimmy Krakourer. In the clip,Kelly kicks the ball 50m forward, where it is marked by a team-mate. Kelly s so fast he is streaming past the team as he marks, who duly hand passes to Kelly, who runs in and goals. He is very very fast. Just what we need. Whats more, he is 23, and would be ready to play straight away.
Why so old and not on an AFL list?

Agree. Looks a beast
Rayner looks like a shitter Petracca tbh.

I don't get the Dusty comparisons at all. He has piss poor endurance which he may may not build up, a snazzy haircut and does a few don't argues.

He can and probably be a competent half forward that runs through the middle but I'd have his ceiling inbetween Laverde and Petracca most likely a gun but hmm LDU looks ******* fantastic.

I'm actually really leaning towards trading up to grab him if possible

I don't get the Dusty comparisons at all. He has piss poor endurance which he may may not build up, a snazzy haircut and does a few don't argues.

He can and probably be a competent half forward that runs through the middle but I'd have his ceiling inbetween Laverde and Petracca most likely a gun but hmm LDU looks ******* fantastic.

Yea Rayner is rocking the bubble gut bonanza rn. Imagine if he gets his fitness in order though, he could be anything. Not a safe bulletproof bet like LDU but more upside.

Really? I thought Rayner looks ******* gnarly.

Petracca kind of reminds me of a slightly better Alex Fasolo.

Rayner looks like a slippery dynamo bull that regularly has 10m on his opponent. Cyril like spring recovery and mow down tackles.

Agree on a detailed look at endurance tho. Can't wait for a blue chip selection to take 3 years to build a tank at this point.

Not sure about that. Rayner has shown elite qualities the whole year. I've watched nearly every game of him this year. Aslong as he buys into an afl program he will be elite. Same as LDU. Bit more sceptical on Dow as he hasn't been dominant for very long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Rayner will build up his endurance, what just go a whole career not able to improve it? I could if i was in that environment.

In an elite environment with the slightest professionalism and it should be possible. May take a little bit.

Why so old and not on an AFL list?
He came through our Colts (U 18's) , and had developed very slowly until about 2 years ago. As an U 18 he wasn't too flash , but he has improved every year he has been at the club. He was close to being drafted last year, and was apparently told he was going to be , but Fremantle got spooked , with what was going on with Michael Johnson and Harley Bennell.

Yea Rayner is rocking the bubble gut bonanza rn. Imagine if he gets his fitness in order though, he could be anything. Not a safe bulletproof bet like LDU but more upside.
I'm sorry but I legit can't see how Rayner would be a better pick than LDU.

Ofc this could all change but I'd take consistency over what it looks to me another "x factor" player who can shape contests for 10 minutes but does * all for the rest of it.

They look like superstars in the TAC cup but in the AFL it's much harder getting the pill
Really? I thought Rayner looks ******* gnarly.

Petracca kind of reminds me of a slightly better Alex Fasolo.

Rayner looks like a slippery dynamo bull that regularly has 10m on his opponent. Cyril like spring recovery and mow down tackles

Agree on a detailed look at endurance tho. Can't wait for a blue chip selection to take 3 years to build a tank at this point.
Petracca is a gun. He has shithouse endurance but my goodness he is already a gun.
precise kicking, bursting through stoppages but still enough height to play as a marking forward, all after doing an ACL.

Overhyped definitely but clearly he's going to be special
Not sure about that. Rayner has shown elite qualities the whole year. I've watched nearly every game of him this year. Aslong as he buys into an afl program he will be elite. Same as LDU. Bit more sceptical on Dow as he hasn't been dominant for very long
I think Rayner will be a good player, I just think he's not as good as Petracca whose fairly similar and is probably better at everything apart from being evasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back