Rumour Hogan homeward bound?

Remove this Banner Ad

Move him whilst he has currency. Club has to make some bold calls if we want a list that can win a flag. Don't see Watts as part of it.
Watts I can cop. I feel that he may have some issues about wanting it enough. Just going by the skippers comments on SEN. seems to be questions over his work ethic.
I'd be keeping Hogan.

If Hogan was to go, I'd think it'd involve Lever somehow. The three way deal isn't bad.

Hogan to Freo
Lever to Melbourne
First rounder + player to Adelaide

Hogan has had a rough year, but the guy can play, next year could be a breakout year for him, so I'd be loathe to trade. I'd rather move our first pick and Watts to Adelaide for Lever and a second rounder. Only issue is that Adelaide have enough forwards. So it'll probably be draft picks to Adelaide for Lever.

I'd still like to shift Watts, and I think a club like Sydney or Port may see value in him. Not sure what we could get though.

Watts I can cop. I feel that he may have some issues about wanting it enough. Just going by the skippers comments on SEN. seems to be questions over his work ethic.
I'd be keeping Hogan.
I agree. We can't be going into a potential period with our strongest list in a long time carrying a guy who has issues wanting it. Jones comments were almost like the beginning of the end for Watts.

I agree. We can't be going into a potential period with our strongest list in a long time carrying a guy who has issues wanting it. Jones comments were almost like the beginning of the end for Watts.
I won't be opposed to trading Watts. Don't want to be smashed in a trade though. Heard Brett Anderson POD and they were saying value somewhere between 15-25.

The thing about it is that why would Melbourne trade Hogan unless there's some underlying problem? That's my concern about paying some insane price for a trade. If he's on the table, then there's probably something wrong that we don't know about.

You mean apart from his dad dying, him hearing about having testicular cancer, being split only last year on where he wanted to play?

I think he can be excused for this year.

Oh you're late for training... well I guess your dad did die and you had cancer too and that broken collar bone.

Oh you had a few ciggies Hoges?... well I guess you've been stressed out.

I mean unless he's going out and snorting coke off a hookers backside I'd think any 'behaviours' he has indulged in can be given a once off brush aside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean apart from his dad dying, him hearing about having testicular cancer, being split only last year on where he wanted to play?

I think he can be excused for this year.

Oh you're late for training... well I guess your dad did die and you had cancer too and that broken collar bone.

Oh you had a few ciggies Hoges?... well I guess you've been stressed out.

I mean unless he's going out and snorting coke off a hookers backside I'd think any 'behaviours' he has indulged in can be given a once off brush aside.

So why would Melbourne trade him?

(Assuming the hypothetical that they have him on the table)

If Melbourne trade Hogan they are ******* idiots. People seem to forget how good this kid is.
I agree people forget how good he is and how good he will be. The only reason we will trade him is if he has stated he really needs to go home and we respect that. I could imagine we'd try talk him out of leaving. I'm really hoping he wants to stay.

Can we close this ******* thread. The kids dad was sick for a while so he visiting Perth alot which created a rumour he wanted to be back in Perth. Unfortunately his dad is now gone, he loves the MFC the MFC are NOT going to trade him. Move along, literally wasting your time discussing this.

Can we close this ******* thread. The kids dad was sick for a while so he visiting Perth alot which created a rumour he wanted to be back in Perth. Unfortunately his dad is now gone, he loves the MFC the MFC are NOT going to trade him. Move along, literally wasting your time discussing this.

One does protest a little too much.....

He loves where he came from to, you know, the place where all his family and close friends are....

It's also the place he would have gone back to last year if he was going to leave yet he didn't.
His world has changed irreparably since last year, losing a parent to cancer and being diagnosed shortly after with cancer himself. Those are the sort of things that force you to reevaluate your priorities, including closeness to family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back