Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Allen, a while ago: "...he has resig-nated from his job at the AFL"

There's a talkback caller who says "premise" instead of "preface", so he says, "I'd like to premise my comment with..."

Another talkback caller referred to the boss of the AFL as Craig McLachlan

No Craig's his brother who commentates

A 3aw talkback caller tonight pronounced the "p" in "coup de grace".

Carey slipped up today on Triple M when he was trying to sound fancy.
After saying "charnce" and "demarnd" a couple of times, he said, "they demarnd starndards". What a farkin goose. :D It makes him sound like a farkhead. Like I said a while ago on here, he's a cashed-up hillbilly from Wagga.

He stuffs up the fundamentals -- such as, for example, saying "I sole-heartedly agree" -- yet tries to sound posh by putting icing on a cake that's crumbling to pieces. That's like putting a fancy new sunroof crappy old car that doesn't run.

Garry Lyon did a similar thing many years ago on 3aw. He was reading something, and after saying "arnswer" and "charnce" a few times, he read "cancer" as "carncer", and "bonanza" as "bonarnza". What a wan'ka! :D However, I should add that he corrected himself on those two words.

Lyon still goes with "arnswer" and "demard", even though he's also a cashed-up bogan form the bush. To make matters worse, he often forgets to sound fancy, and reverts to his natural twang. BT and David Schwarz are also guilty of this heinous offence, :D and they, too, are yobbos from rural or semi-rural areas (Sunbury and Mandurah, respectively).

While I'm on Carey, his eyebrow grooming is starting to make him look a little like a drag queen, or at least a villain in a silent movie. And wasn't he almost bald a few years ago? What up with dat?

Last edited:
Frawley - "he come back"
Oh yeah, this is a BIG one of mine. Terry Wallace the number one instigator of it, but many others do it to.
Its "CAME" you imbeciles. WTF is up with "COME" so often used in the incorrect context? Sounds like they never got past grade 5.
Wallace does it ever time, and I mean EVERY single time.

Oh yeah, this is a BIG one of mine. Terry Wallace the number one instigator of it, but many others do it to.
Its "CAME" you imbeciles. WTF is up with "COME" so often used in the incorrect context? Sounds like they never got past grade 5.

Boomer Harvey is another one. The other thing these people say as well as 'He come back' is 'He should of went' o_O Should not be given a media gig if you are saying these things. No one expects every ex-footballer to be a Rhodes scholar but, yeah, basic English should be mandatory!

sam newman gave it to spud one day on MMM. spud said he didnt get a (private school) education like he did.

A 3aw talkback caller tonight pronounced the "p" in "coup de grace".

Carey slipped up today on Triple M when he was trying to sound fancy.
After saying "charnce" and "demarnd" a couple of times, he said, "they demarnd starndards". What a farkin goose. :D It makes him sound like a farkhead. Like I said a while ago on here, he's a cashed-up hillbilly from Wagga.

He stuffs up the fundamentals -- such as, for example, saying "I sole-heartedly agree" -- yet tries to sound posh by putting icing on a cake that's crumbling to pieces. That's like putting a fancy new sunroof crappy old car that doesn't run.

While I'm on Carey, his eyebrow grooming is starting to make him look a little like a drag queen, or at least a villain in a silent movie. And wasn't he almost bald a few years ago?

When you've snorted as much coke as Carey has, then you have an alibi of sorts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm on Carey, his eyebrow grooming is starting to make him look a little like a drag queen, or at least a villain in a silent movie. And wasn't he almost bald a few years ago? What up with dat?

21766751_118783372142422_2333597782608559293_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back