Davis Cup 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Tomic's Davis Cup record based mostly on World Group ties or the regional ties from our wilderness days?

Half and half actually. From 2008-2013, Australia was outside the World Group and Tomic's singles record in that period since his 2010 debut was 8-2. Since Australia's return to the World Group in 2014, Tomic's record has been 9-2.

It should be mentioned that a proportion of Hewitt's 58-21 DC record is also from "the wilderness" as well. His record was 10-5 in singles and 10-0 in doubles.

Last edited:
Any idea yet on which Australian city will host the February tie?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We got Germany in the first round in 2018. Think it will be hosted in Aus.

As long as Zverev doesn't turn up- we stand a good chance. Not super easy either way as they have alright depth. Their "2nd" is in the top 40 IIRC.

draw

Think the other Zverev overtook Kohli as their #2 at the US Open. Not sure if Kohli even plays Davis Cup these days, I saw Struff playing against Portugal in the most recent tie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt watch it but caught up this morning.

Goffin is seriously playing some good tennis. I think we(as in this forum) underestimated how good he is currently. Sadly, it was just him v France. France just had too much depth. Looking at the pictures, I just love the emotion on show. God i wish they fix the Davis Cup so every tie it like that. Credit to both teams for pouring so much into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back