Rumour Crows, Dees Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Look a top it this way. I'd take weideman or hogan at Carlton well before I'd take watts. No matter how much Melbourne supporter rave about how good his year was. He also had one of the worst ever final games after coming back from injury. Playing anyone one else on your list those last two games would of got you into finals.

Edit: obviously a huge over reaction by me but **** he was bad.
You clearly got seduced by Weideman's debut game against Hawthorn which was great, but trust me when I say he's done squat since then. And when I say squat, I mean diddly squat.

You clearly got seduced by Weideman's debut game against Hawthorn which was great, but trust me when I say he's done squat since then. And when I say squat, I mean diddly squat.
True he's no Charlie curnow.

Look a top it this way. I'd take weideman or hogan at Carlton well before I'd take watts. No matter how much Melbourne supporter rave about how good his year was. He also had one of the worst ever final games after coming back from injury. Playing anyone one else on your list those last two games would of got you into finals.

Edit: obviously a huge over reaction by me but **** he was bad.
I never said his end of year was good but he was lionhearted against Geelong & Richmond when we were missing Gawn - he gave his all in the ruck and kicked some important goals for us. Yes his back half was poor - afaic I had believed that was off the back of injury, clearly that wasn't entirely the case but prior to the injury he was playing very well

No offence to your argument but he's a Carlton player, contracted and we don't have to trade Gibbs for anything. We value him higher than you, so who cares, we will keep him than take a first rounder and some steak knives. We hold all the cards and are happy to keep him (at age 28 btw). He will dominate the competition for atleast 2 more years.

not sure if gibbs has ever really 'dominated the competition'

Weideman is a spud

Yeah 2nd year skinnt KF not dominating the competition is a huge worry.

JJK kicked 6 goals in his second season and 7 in his 3rd. What a s**t player he ended up being

You're kidding. We wouldn't take watts for Simon white. Lol. Straight swap for Gibbs. Your having a ******* laugh. We need midfielders not part time forwards that pick and choose.

If you read properly there was an early pick coming your way too.
So it would be Gibbs for Watts + good pick. Not really far off.

Might wanna recheck his mail. Cross still had bleeding in calf last week and the grand final is Saturday. As for Aker he frequents my wife's business regulary and his kids are very entrenched in local community so that along with my own connections seems unlikely.

Yeah I'm sure he'd be the first person ever to move their family out of somewhere 'settled' for a job that will probably pay triple what he's getting now.

Yeah I'm sure he'd be the first person ever to move their family out of somewhere 'settled' for a job that will probably pay triple what he's getting now.

Maybe so. But I'm more inclined to believe what comes out of Akers mouth about recently building a house here, just found out they having a new baby and one reason he left north was to give more time to family, his children's sporting lives and business activities. Not sure how coaching on Gold Coast would achieve that unless there's 3 of him. He's not suitable for an assistant likes to be main man in football.
Seems more plausible than a rumour from physio.

Sounds like something some bonehead would call into pitch on Trade Radio to Terry Wallace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts was excellent up until he did his hamstring and has a couple of quiet games and now people act as if he was s**t the entire season.
Do you want to win a flag? Or hang on to guys that we might be able to trade in order to get one? I am not doubting Watts can play, he can play. But there are serious issues when we read/hear the following;

1. Dropped during pre season due to lack of effort in the off season
2. Told that his efforts are considered 'frustrating' by the current Captain about a week ago.

I want this club to actually make some bold moves this off season. Watts has been untouchable for 9 years, he has played one full solid season in 2016 and half a one this year. I personally think he would thrive in a more developed forward line. Sydney or West Coast potentially. Or even at Hawthorn alongside Roughead and Gunston.

Do you want to win a flag? Or hang on to guys that we might be able to trade in order to get one? I am not doubting Watts can play, he can play. But there are serious issues when we read/hear the following;

2. Told that his efforts are considered 'frustrating' by the current Captain about a week ago.

I want this club to actually make some bold moves this off season. Watts has been untouchable for 9 years, he has played one full solid season in 2016 and half a one this year. I personally think he would thrive in a more developed forward line. Sydney or West Coast potentially. Or even at Hawthorn alongside Roughead and Gunston.

Watts has been amongst our best players as we've started climbing the ladder so I'd rather keep our good players.

If you think Watts is holding us back from a flag then simply put you don't function properly.

Lol. He wouldn't get a game in our forward line. Conditional footballer are not welcome. We'd have 30 players picked in front of him easily and he'd be in the vfl. May as well stay at Melb.

You must have an awesome side. Gibbs would be Adelaide's second best mid, just a smidge behind Sloane and he's your 3rd best. I've read how Lever wouldn't get a game in your back half, Watts now wouldn't get a go in your front half. Good luck over the next couple of weeks, it's certainly an exciting time for the high end teams.

You must have an awesome side. Gibbs would be Adelaide's second best mid, just a smidge behind Sloane and he's your 3rd best. I've read how Lever wouldn't get a game in your back half, Watts now wouldn't get a go in your front half. Good luck over the next couple of weeks, it's certainly an exciting time for the high end teams.

Just make sure your side doesn't go down like a cheap whore against that mob Scott coached mob from Geelong- and don't worry about Carlton for a year or so. last year's deal was a good first rounder for Gibbs and a player - this year's deal is the same - we dont care if your chest puffers provide the necessary currency via another Club in order to keep your pathetic sense of entitlement in tact.

Just make sure your side doesn't go down like a cheap whore against that mob Scott coached mob from Geelong- and don't worry about Carlton for a year or so. last year's deal was a good first rounder for Gibbs and a player - this year's deal is the same - we dont care if your chest puffers provide the necessary currency via another Club in order to keep your pathetic sense of entitlement in tact.
IMG_2571.JPG

And we dont care if you wanna keep Bryce.
We will be up there again with or without him.
You will be down the bottom again with or without him.

So hang on he played a full season last year and a good half season this year before injury.
So his last 18 months have been good, by your own assessment.

And we dont care if you wanna keep Bryce.
We will be up there again with or without him.
You will be down the bottom again with or without him.

Any thoughts on your chances against the pussies tomorrow? I'm hoping your lot win - but I wouldn't bet on it...would be funny to see (again) you ended up being a classy mid 'short' of a GF appearance - eh?

Its not like every player in Australia sees Adelaide as 'destination' Club - you lot are pretty much stuck with the get home factor - and Gibbs is the only genuine gun who wants to go home that actually fits...

A decent first rounder and a player is a fair price for Gibbsy - your Lever pick from Melbourne if it happens plus Jack Watts does it.

lol

Watts at his best is easily one of Melbourne's best players. Unless he has lost interest in the game - he would be a starting player at Carlton no doubt.
That's just it, when Jack as it his best, he is invaluble. But us frustatrated Melb supporters dont know which Jack will come to play today.
Hes either "on" and has elite field kicking an skill, better set shot accuracy than another supposed Dead eyed dick Jack Gunston.
Or He is quite often a passenger. Credit where its due, he did have a purple patch at the end of 16' an for a bit this year.

Realistically watts would of been playing vfl..
Our talks of McKay, curnow, casboult and silvagni are either young and developing or better than watts so we wouldn't be playing him.
Youth doesnt equal experience. The blues do have a fanstastic list, but Jack has plenty of experience playing league footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back