Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So that's Burton 13 Coaches association votes to McGrath 3....Burton 2 brownlow votes from 2 games to McGrath nil.

Like I said.....Every single independent measure barr the Rising Sun voting panel alone, got this one right....Reeks of politics this one.
Unfortunately for you the only votes that count in the RS award, are funnily enough, the RS votes.

Like I said..get over yourself.

So that's Burton 13 Coaches association votes to McGrath 3....Burton 2 brownlow votes from 2 games to McGrath nil.

Like I said.....Every single independent measure barr the Rising Sun voting panel alone, got this one right....Reeks of politics this one.

SPS and SPP both got votes as well. One of them got a 3 vote I think.

Yep. Congratulations SPS. The true RS winner.

Not sure an annual award should be judged on the merit of a single game. Afterall, the big complaint against McGrath is he only had one great game (arguably, given he had a shocking turnover early in the first and gifted the Crows an easy goal).

Maybe it should go to the one who polled in the most number of games.

Or maybe, like the MOTY, it should be a fan vote. Would be a good way to keep out the minnow clubs.

SPS and SPP both got votes as well. One of them got a 3 vote I think.

Sam Powell-Pepper pulled 1 vote, while SPS pulled a 3 voter.....So both were voted in the top 3 players on the ground once, as opposed to Burton, who was voted a Top 3 player on the ground Twice.

So Burton had 2 stand-out games to both these players 1.....And McGrath had none.....So my point still stands.

Sam Powell-Pepper pulled 1 vote, while SPS pulled a 3 voter.....So both were voted in the top 3 players on the ground once, as opposed to Burton, who was voted a Top 3 player on the ground Twice.

So Burton had 2 stand-out games to both these players 1.....And McGrath had none.....So my point still stands.

Its obvious the AFL are revisiting 2008. Ryan will go on to have an incredibly successful career. McGrath will end up at Freo or GCS.

Not sure an annual award should be judged on the merit of a single game. Afterall, the big complaint against McGrath is he only had one great game (arguably, given he had a shocking turnover early in the first and gifted the Crows an easy goal).

Maybe it should go to the one who polled in the most number of games.

Or maybe, like the MOTY, it should be a fan vote. Would be a good way to keep out the minnow clubs.
Yeah I don't really care tbh. I'll leave your lot to maintain the rage and the mental gymnastics.

There's no Rage here....Merely pointing out how every single angle of independent analysis points to the decision as being a thoroughly political one alone....So they clearly need to change the naming of the award to match whatever internal criteria they used in the voting process for accuracy sake.....Cause it sure wasn't based upon which player had the better season....That much even the coaches & umpires agree with the stats upon.

And the fact that Burton never received a single 5 votes, makes this one stink to high heaven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

andrew-mcgrath-getty-800.jpg

And McGrath 1 Rising Star to Burton nil.

let it go. the outcome isn't going to change.

The year is 2117.

Mankind has exhausted all naturally occurring resources on the planet.

The gap between rich and poor has widened 100-fold

And the Dingley Football Club is still complaining about the 2017 Rising Star award.

Im actually quite enjoying the gymnastics being performed to defend a ridiculous decision. It is actually probably far better for Burton's career to have missed out. Gives him the drive to prove the clowns on the panel wrong.

Just find it slightly odd that nearly a month on you are all still moaning about it. You have a good footballer for the next 12 years, we have a good footballer for the next 12 years, be happy about it.

But if you've exhausted every other avenue and you've come to the conclusion that posting justifications for your argument for an entire offseason is the only thing that will get you over your disappointing 2017 campaign, go right ahead we'll be your shoulder

Just find it slightly odd that nearly a month on you are all still moaning about it. You have a good footballer for the next 12 years, we have a good footballer for the next 12 years, be happy about it.

But if you've exhausted every other avenue and you've come to the conclusion that posting justifications for your argument for an entire offseason is the only thing that will get you over your disappointing 2017 campaign, go right ahead we'll be your shoulder

Oh I only came back here to s**t stir because half a dozen of the nominees managed to get Brownlow votes but the winner didnt even get 1.

Thought it was a tad ironic. That's all.

2017 was a rebuild. Im quite happy. I'd be disappointed getting the softest draw possible and finishing 7th. Next year you get a much tougher draw so wont be gifted as many easy wins.

let it go. the outcome isn't going to change.

No one's said it will.....At least get the very definition & parameters of the award right, for future's sake.....That has clearly been my point.

Cause it's clearly not prefaced upon which player had the better season alone.

Really? 2 Brownlow votes and you want to include this in the debate!! 2 votes from umpires in an entire season and this is a point of difference? Dude you need to let it go.

Oh I only came back here to s**t stir because half a dozen of the nominees managed to get Brownlow votes but the winner didnt even get 1.

Thought it was a tad ironic. That's all.

2017 was a rebuild. Im quite happy. I'd be disappointed getting the softest draw possible and finishing 7th. Next year you get a much tougher draw so wont be gifted as many easy wins.
I highly doubt the powers that be seen 2017 as a rebuild. You don't trade out a future 1st rounder if you think you'll be lingering down the bottom the following year

Nah....Just pointing out how by every other measure, Burton's season was clearly superior to & on another level in comparison to all the other Rising Star nominees....With the one exception of the actual Rising Star award count itself.

You've gotta have a sense of humor about it.....It doesn't get any more obvious that the fix was in on this one.

Back