List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't see us putting up Parker or hanners to get a gun in

I think putting up such respected leaders within the group can do more damage to what we are trying to ultimately achieve.
Don't fix what's not broken but provide them with some assistance.

Parker & Hanners are consistently in our top ratings when fit so it would be player 18 to 24 that our club realistically trade out, unless of coarse they are new to the club.
Again just my opinion.

I think putting up such respected leaders within the group can do more damage to what we are trying to ultimately achieve.

Parker & Hanners are consistently in our top ratings when fit so it would be player 18 to 24 that our club realistically trade out, unless of coarse they are new to the club.
Again just my opinion.
I don't disagree with that, but if you trade out players 18-24 you sure won't be getting gun breakaway midfielders

Again just my opinion.

Right on Ted.... trading out contracted vice captains would have detrimental impact on our culture. Only teams with average cultures would do such a thing.

I'd be happy to trade our first rounder this year. Weaker draft and we have plenty of youth as it is.

Not sure on value but GWS for Kennedy and 2nd rounder to Demons for Watts would be pretty handy.

Poor old Mummy. Perhaps why we didn't think Mummy had more than 2 years left in him. He's done quite well to get 4 years out of his body considering the body issues we thought he had back in 2013.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-02/giant-decision-mummy-considering-his-future

"Mumford's manager, Alex McConville of Mac's Sports, told NAB AFL Trade Radio on Monday the Giants did not share his client's optimism that his body was up to another AFL season, but stressed the ruckman would play on if cleared by doctors."

"However, the former rookie has battled ongoing ankle injuries over the past three seasons, while a foot injury ruled him out of the Giants' last two finals this year."

Right on Ted.... trading out contracted vice captains would have detrimental impact on our culture. Only teams with average cultures would do such a thing.

I'd be happy to trade our first rounder this year. Weaker draft and we have plenty of youth as it is.

Not sure on value but GWS for Kennedy and 2nd rounder to Demons for Watts would be pretty handy.

If we're not keen on anyone in the draft why not trade our first rounder this year to Hawks (they need one this year) for their first rounder next year?

I don't disagree with that, but if you trade out players 18-24 you sure won't be getting gun breakaway midfielders

Yes very true.
I don't know mate. Let's sit back & be pleasantly surprised at what the club might be able to do.

Who'd have thought JPK would have turned out to be the player he is. There's a gem out there that we may have our eyes on.

Prestia looked slow as treacle at the GC but look at him at the Tigers.

If we're not keen on anyone in the draft why not trade our first rounder this year to Hawks (they need one this year) for their first rounder next year?

Because I think we can add a couple of ready made players who can play a role for us and strengthen our 22. Because I feel our list is capable of a 2018 premiership with a few tweaks.

Richmond won the flag with 6 half forward flankers.
The stand alone marking forward is finished while players are allowed to hold them off the ball while players like Rance take intercept marks.

Buddy against the Cats couldn't run & failed as a one out forward.
Tom Hawkins has limitations.
So too does Taylor Walker.
The mobile forward line is the way to go as long as the game is adjudicated in it's current manner.

Buddy is more dangerous as a high half forward, who occasionally rests drops deep forward. He becomes easy to defend when permanently deep as our main target, as was Walker in the GF & Hawkins in the prelim.

Just my opinion.
When you are going to quote me, get it right. I said Buddy had 2 on him and instead of leaving Reid up there the Horse allowed it to happen.

Because I think we can add a couple of ready made players who can play a role for us and strengthen our 22. Because I feel our list is capable of a 2018 premiership with a few tweaks.

I understand that, but I question why throw away (bit harsh) a first rounder just because the draft is weak?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the waste heap, just to his home town where they may get the most out of him.
He was drafted in 2009. This is now the 2018 draft. He will have plenty to offer a Vic team but we are trying to go the next step & I'm not in favour of flogging a dead horse.

Ted, let me pose a question to you. What percentage of players are in the top 1% speed, can kick goals outside the 50 arc, can mark within say top 10%, run down and tackle pressure in say top 5%?. That is an awesome mix of skill. Who does it sound like? Danger is who. but danger has 30+ possessions and Rohan has 10 app. Danger believes he can do elite things and Rohan doesn't.

Yes he has been around awhile......and that is a concern he may not get over his stage fright.

I'm old. I remember when Navratilova was starting out. She would get horrible nerves and go missing in finals against Evert. Evert had the wood on her for several years until Navratilova finally beat her despite the stage fright. Can't recall that Evert was ever able to beat Navratalova again after that turning point because she then had the self belief to go with the ability

You have to believe you can do it by actually doing it and when you do the dam bursts. If that happens I think Rohan can be elite.

This may sound counter intuitive but I'd be inclined to give him stints in midfield a while. By bringing him closer to action and forcing him to engage in the game you will force him to not hide and that may just help the dam burst.

Miles isn't going to be anything other than a plodder. Sorry, but no.
Would be better than Ah Chee IMO.

I agree though, don't see what he'd add to our side. I agree with SF51's point but I don't think Miles is the guy.

Smaller forward lines and 1 ruck is clearly the way to go

Funny, I was thinking just that recently. And the 1 ruck they have is mobile and tackle pressure across the ground......gravitating to a team of midfielders amost .....

Is that evolved from the zone press forward and flooding defence? A player needs to do 16klm a game!!!

Interesting

When you are going to quote me, get it right. I said Buddy had 2 on him and instead of leaving Reid up there the Horse allowed it to happen.

I think Horse's hands were tied because Buddy couldn't move.

When fit Buddy runs & so does Reid & they become hard to defend.
Wasn't really meaning you were wrong with Buddy & two on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back