List Mgmt. The 2017 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread (cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just want Tippett and Reid gone.

I'd sell my organs to move them on.

Throw in Towers, Cunningham and maybe Rohan, depending on who we could get for him, and i'd be happy. It's time we started putting our foot down as a team and stopped gifting players automatic places inthe best 22, even though they have as many average games as they do good ones.

To quote a certain vessel of orange lard, it's time we drained the swamp.

I don't want Libba anywhere near the team, would prefer Miles out of the two given their relative costs.
Hopefully the Swans don't go after either. However, and it's a massive if, "if" Libba has or can turn a page, definitely take. He'll go reasonably cheap too. He's a far better footballer than Tom Mitchell and a perfect foil to Kennedy, wins as much contested ball and clearances.

Throw in Towers, Cunningham and maybe Rohan, depending on who we could get for him, and i'd be happy. It's time we started putting our foot down as a team and stopped gifting players automatic places inthe best 22, even though they have as many average games as they do good ones.

Reid was one of our more valuable players this year. No idea why anyone would be prioritising moving him on.

You want the team picked on form but have been championing Aliir's cause for 12 months...he couldn't even get out of bed in time to make it to training and his form in the NEAFL has been patchy at best.

I'm all for change, but there is a difference between change and wanting to summarily turf out players that we don't like.

You want the team picked on form but have been championing Aliir's cause for 12 months...he couldn't even get out of bed in time to make it to training and his form in the NEAFL has been patchy at best.

I'm all for change, but there is a difference between change and wanting to summarily turf out players that we don't like.

I was championing Aliir's cause because he shouldn't have been droppedfrom the team in the first place. Was hardly given a chance this year, as opposedto Reid whose had year after year (not including 16) to become a good player and it just hasn't eventuated. Never puts his body on the line, goes missing every second week, his tackles are weak. This isn't me "not liking" him, it's me not rating him.

He could be useful at another club but we are contending for flags. Reid has an equal amount of crap games as he has good games, so then we sit here surprised every time he is useless in an important game. It's just unacceptable that he's a lock in the best 22 and a massive indictment on Longmire imo

Melbourne want a 1st + future 2nd round pick for Watts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...that's awkward.

Demons to Watts: bugger off and find a suitor (ps we still want you)

Watts: um...really I'd rather stay

Demons: totally your decision. We like you. Your idea to leave after all

Watts: ??

Demons: seriously bugger off (ps: don't leave if you dont want to)

Watts talks to agent: well a couple of clubs might give you a second round pick or 2

Demons: no way. You're not going anywhere for less than a 1st rounder! How dare you screw us like that.

Watts:...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was championing Aliir's cause because he shouldn't have been droppedfrom the team in the first place. Was hardly given a chance this year, as opposedto Reid whose had year after year (not including 16) to become a good player and it just hasn't eventuated. Never puts his body on the line, goes missing every second week, his tackles are weak. This isn't me "not liking" him, it's me not rating him.

He could be useful at another club but we are contending for flags. Reid has an equal amount of crap games as he has good games, so then we sit here surprised every time he is useless in an important game. It's just unacceptable that he's a lock in the best 22 and a massive indictment on Longmire imo

Aliir was injured then when he was presented with his opportunity he slept in. Nobody to blame but himself.
Then the team started winning. That is why you take your opportunities when they come.

I like Aliir and don't want to see him traded, that would be silly, but he needs to do the hard yards. Simple.

I dont buy this "we need help for Kennedy" business. We have two of our clubs all time great mids in JPK & Hanners in there. You have a bloke who came runner up in the Brownlow last year, a little bullet in Jack, and blokes like Heeney and Hewett and Jones and Papley running through the midfield. I just watched Richmond win a flag without their midfield dominating. Martin's a gun and Cotchin and Prestia are good mids too but they ain't that great. They won because their players all over the ground performed their role at the level required to win a flag. This is where guys like Reid and Rohan and Tippett and Cunningham and Towers have repeatedly let us down. These blokes who play on the outer are the problem. They'll never come through for us the way we need them to

Aliir was injured then when he was presented with his opportunity he slept in. Nobody to blame but himself.
Then the team started winning. That is why you take your opportunities when they come.

I like Aliir and don't want to see him traded, that would be silly, but he needs to do the hard yards. Simple.

Look i'm not gonna go back to April. Fact is he was dropped and/or playing injured. Either way Horse ****** up then screwed our structures up all year. I think he had a lousy year coaching wise, the Aliir thing was just the embodiment of that which is why I go on about it.

I dont buy this "we need help for Kennedy" business. We have two of our clubs all time great mids in JPK & Hanners in there. You have a bloke who came runner up in the Brownlow last year, a little bullet in Jack, and blokes like Heeney and Hewett and Jones and Papley running through the midfield. I just watched Richmond win a flag without their midfield dominating. Martin's a gun and Cotchin and Prestia are good mids too but they ain't that great. They won because their players all over the ground performed their role at the level required to win a flag. This is where guys like Reid and Rohan and Tippett and Cunningham and Towers have repeatedly let us down. These blokes who play on the outer are the problem. They'll never come through for us the way we need them to
Towers was fine in our 2 finals

Few years ago when he had a Sydney girlfriend I remember we were rumoured a bit to go for him, American girlfriend now....

The 'Sydney' girlfriend was Gretel Tippett, sister of Kurt, so it could be awkward.

On top of that, he's ordinary and we have enough ordinary ruckmen as it is. To move on Nankervis one year and bring in an absolute plodder the next makes little sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back