Multiplat FIFA 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Rashford is so awesome in this game. Is 82 rated at the start of my 2nd season in manager mode.

Terrific when doing turns and is always in the right position to receive a pass for a sweaty goal.
How did you sign him with your lowly rated side - didn't you say you were playing in the fourth division or something?

I signed Lemar - he has been fantastic.

How did you sign him with your lowly rated side - didn't you say you were playing in the fourth division or something?

I signed Lemar - he has been fantastic.
Every single player on my targets lists (apart from 2) didn't want to relocate. But for some reason I was able to negotiate a 25mil deal for Rashford and pay Kovacic's release clause of 75mil. Those are the only 2 players rated over 79 I could get my hands on.

Am now in League 1 (3rd division) and suddenly everyone is able to be bought now.

Every single player on my targets lists (apart from 2) didn't want to relocate. But for some reason I was able to negotiate a 25mil deal for Rashford and pay Kovacic's release clause of 75mil. Those are the only 2 players rated over 79 I could get my hands on.

Am now in League 1 (3rd division) and suddenly everyone is able to be bought now.
lol wow.

How did you have so much money?

For some reason I had 110mil to spend at the start of my Liverpool in 4th div career mode.
Oh, you moved them down yourself? I'm really confused.

Tried the game after that 1GB update. Players feel like they are more stuck in mud. Long shots don't go in as much, it's harder to defend too.

I notice the AI likes to do a lot of cut backs now.
I've not played til the weekend and probably won't until at least Friday night.

FWIW I played last year's game on fast. This year's (demo) felt really slow, but when I got the full game it remembered my settings and speed was on fast. Give that a shot.

* sake. The game, specifically online, was fine and balanced imo. The best yet.

Im yet to concede more than 3 goals in a game (averaging 1) and have only blown out a few opponents.

People sook every year about "this is too hard", "keepers are s**t", "defence is broken".

EA appease them through tweaks that close the skill gap and make the game easier.

Played a thriller last night as Sheffield Wednesday vs Fulham. Was 3-1 up at 81 minutes, they scored a goal in the 83rd, i brought on new signing Ryan McGowan in the 88th, who then bowled over the Fulham striker at 90 minutes in the box, so they scored a penalty (now 3-3). They had a corner in the 92nd minute, which their keeper charged for. My keeper caught the corner, bombed the ball half way and then Rhodes smacked a goal from just within my half to a keeper-less goal. Won the match 4-3 with the last kick of the game.

I never used to manage more than 2 goals on professional, but now im playing matches like that every week

People sook every year about "this is too hard", "keepers are s**t", "defence is broken".
Can't agree with the second one. Keepers were genuinely s**t. Even Casillas who has a decent card was playing badly at easy chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got up to Elite 3 with like one last squad update to go and thought I should have enough points to stay Elite 3..... nope :( Gold 1

I'm not that good at this game so I think I'm still in Silver but that's ok I don't mind, it's just nice having the ability to play FUT without doing much online.

Totally agree. I’m absolute trash online. But it’s awesome to finally have a mode where I can play at whatever level I like, and still get pretty good rewards.

Hit gold 2 last week. Going away for the weekend from tomorrow morning so will only end up silver. Back into it next week.

Any reason why I hold down through ball and instead of doing a lovely long through ball for my player to run onto it just does this little dink which kills the momentum?
It's not as if I am in a strange position to deliver this through ball as well, it was fine on FIFA 17 and I haven't touched any settings.
The long through ball barely comes off and yes I am using good players, even though a lesser player probably could get a decent amount of power on it but might not be as accurate.

Any reason why I hold down through ball and instead of doing a lovely long through ball for my player to run onto it just does this little dink which kills the momentum?
It's not as if I am in a strange position to deliver this through ball as well, it was fine on FIFA 17 and I haven't touched any settings.
The long through ball barely comes off and yes I am using good players, even though a lesser player probably could get a decent amount of power on it but might not be as accurate.
Probably unlikely but my settings somehow went to alternate controls.. flipped everything around. Got 3 reds from slide tackles before I realised. So check that.

Without seeing what's happening, Maybe try using r1 triangle for the long, run on thru ball

Damn getting muscled off the ball way too much and way too easy.
Whenever I seem to get it off them they get a foul 90% of the time though.
I have that issue with Journey. Struggle to maintain possession with Hunter as he gets bodied out.

Having better results playing with Danny Williams in Chapter 5 as he's stronger, despite a lower rating

The outmuscling is an issue in my opinion. Even if you are in front and using L2 and a strong player, the weaker player still
Somehow pinches it off you whereas if the AI has the ball with a weak player and you control a strong player and get to the ball first, you end up somehow losing the ball. Baffling.

Online is screwed with the new patch which means now you can see which player your opponent has selected during the game. I personally won't touch online div and seasons before they fix this.

Online is screwed with the new patch which means now you can see which player your opponent has selected during the game. I personally won't touch online div and seasons before they fix this.
Yeah squad battles is enough for me till it's fixed. An update on not receiving JPGP, they guaranteed i'll eventually get the packs and some guy named Sergio was looking after the case. I'll be notified via email when it occurs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back