News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

still deep breathing about going early with it, Iva just raised my blood pressure again saying Barker will be announced tomorrow ha
Fox sports news running with it on TV.
Their sources are just as good as yours Thurls

You would think of the assistants that Primus is safe - was Dew's premiership captain in 2004

Another left field assistant he may bring in is Josh Carr - former Port assistant who has been coaching bottom of the ladder SANFL team North Adelaide - may want to get him before he gets the bullet from that job?

Mark Williams any chance as senior mentor?

In no particular order:
Has a brilliant footy brain
Has kept his head down and learned his craft at The Swans and kept his powder dry for the right opportunity
Is young and has proven track record dealing with developing young players which we need desperately
Knows how to win a premiership
Is gold under pressure, see 2008 GF
Has seen the next best footy dynasty after Hawthorn build and maintain their supremacy at The Swans
Has worked in a non Vic footy environment
Has been in a game plan that is all about accountability, toughness, 4 quarters of effort and blue collar work ethic and .........
.........clearly loves his KFC

You had me at KFC

How good would it be if at the end of the press conference tomorrow the Coch get up and say oh yeah one more thing, out comes Lynch to announce he's re-committed till the end of 2019

You would think of the assistants that Primus is safe - was Dew's premiership captain in 2004

Another left field assistant he may bring in is Josh Carr - former Port assistant who has been coaching bottom of the ladder SANFL team North Adelaide - may want to get him before he gets the bullet from that job?

Mark Williams any chance as senior mentor?
yep that came through to me earlier tonight too, he is a cracking bloke Matty but unsure of him as a coach - they have history though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop cut the swans to pieces in the elimination final. I'm sure Dew is well aware of his pace and run.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good Point ..... but his consistency is a problem.
My views are based on witnessing a horrendous game from him at Etihad last year against St Kilda - he's known for those types of games - so maybe I need to give him more credit for possible improvement ?

So the Suns have continued their non-Victorian coaching trend:

Guy McKenna (WA) - 2009-2014
Rodney Eade (TAS) - 2015-2017
Dean Solomon (NSW) - 2017
Stuart Dew (SA) - 2018-

I think you guys have picked up one of the best coaches in the country, I reckon you'll see a significant rise up the tables within 12 to 24 month's, he won't take any bullshit from players off the field and he's a genius on it. I'd love to have him at WCE ahead of Simpson.

There were a heap of us on this board three years ago calling for Dew. Three years too late but I’m super glad he’s here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back