2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

or we get Gaff with 7 and 23
100.gif

My reaction pic folder will be completely depleted by the end of this week

So by the looks we will get Tomlinson , however it will be 8 and selection back say 23 and we go to the draft with 7 and 23
how does that sound

Shite. Bonar, Brander, Stephenson, Cerra, Coffield or another promising young player over a 24 year old who, let's face it, has likely reached his ceiling and is probably a slightly above average player.

It's like paying through the nose for Schoenmakers or Watts or Matera. Maybe they were highly rated at the start of their career, but it has been pretty lacklustre since. He has a big tank, yes. But I watched him spud a few kicks without serious pressure during the finals.

So by the looks we will get Tomlinson , however it will be 8 and selection back say 23 and we go to the draft with 7 and 23
how does that sound
W65lmCogb_hVFBLM03hxrwnSGobKQt8y_ozpq6lIridw3hi0r2DoIoWYAHCNHD45ZRnadEku4kXYIi2cCb-IsA51MuMXWacxKklKf57Rw4sPWaDbpd60IiY=w350-h197-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the person who said I missed the mark with Carlisle & said he is elite (then deleted the post).... Sorry, but Carlisle is a very good player but he is not anywhere near elite. Rance is elite, Michael Hurley is elite. Carlisle is not at that level

Shite. Bonar, Brander, Stephenson, Cerra, Coffield or another promising young player over a 24 year old who, let's face it, has likely reached his ceiling and is probably a slightly above average player.

It's like paying through the nose for Schoenmakers or Watts or Matera. Maybe they were highly rated at the start of their career, but it has been pretty lacklustre since. He has a big tank, yes. But I watched him spud a few kicks without serious pressure during the finals.
Yes another b - player

To the person who said I missed the mark with Carlisle & said he is elite (then deleted the post).... Sorry, but Carlisle is a very good player but he is not anywhere near elite. Rance is elite, Michael Hurley is elite. Carlisle is not at that level
Carlisle did not like this post

From AFL site: sorry if posted. No offer?

Intrigue surrounds the future of Greater Western Sydney tall Adam Tomlinson, who has attracted the interest of St Kilda.

Tomlinson is contracted for the next two seasons after committing to the Giants in February, but rival clubs believe he could be convinced to move for more opportunities with a long-term offer.

The Saints have not tabled a five-year offer for the 24-year-old as has been reported, but they have confirmed their interest and will meet with the Giants when talks officially open on Monday.

Will the Giants trade him? It's understood the Giants view Tomlinson, who played 24 games this season, as a required player and would be unlikely to deal the hard-running tall.

What's he worth?

• Tomlinson would demand a first-round pick. He has played 91 games and is entering the prime of his career at 24.
  • He was among the Giants' best players in the preliminary final loss to Richmond with 26 possessions and seven marks after moving onto a wing.
  • The Saints hold picks No.7 and No.8, giving them a strong base for negotiations.

Is he really that far off Michael Hurley though?

They're pretty equal in marking and actual disposal of the footy with Hurley being a better athlete.

I've heard recently Bombers saying Hurley is a better defender which might be true but both of them prefer to be the third man up marking the footy and peeling off their direct opponent.

Carlisle has the added benefit of being a better forward as well.

Don't get me wrong I think Hurley had the better year as well but I don't see that much of a difference between the pair at all beyond Hurley being quicker.

Even then after Hurley and Rance who is clearly better than Carlisle?

Robbie Tarrant perhaps but top 5 in his position if that's not elite then he's not far off it at all

So in the 25 pages since lunch time all I missed was

A) people bitching that we haven't landed anyone
B) people bitching that we may be into Tomlinson (who was just about GWS's players in the prelim) and
C) people bitching about our outcome despite the fact that TRADE PERIOD HASN'T EVEN ******* STARTED!

relax guys. We will come out of trade in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back