Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to keep pick 11 if possible. I can completely understand the hype for next year but that just makes our 2018 picks more valuable for everyone.

What this draft offers are players that suit our needs. Pick 11 will give us the chance to pick up someone like Hunter Clark, Constable or Bonar. Good options to add a tall inside mid to our list.

You cant have it all.

I would like to keep pick 11 if possible. I can completely understand the hype for next year but that just makes our 2018 picks more valuable for everyone.

What this draft offers are players that suit our needs. Pick 11 will give us the chance to pick up someone like Hunter Clark, Constable or Bonar. Good options to add a tall inside mid to our list.
Also, if the talent pool for 2018 runs dry quickly after Pick 15, as has been suggested, then we won't get much with our first rounder coming in at 18 anyway. Preferably we keep Pick 11... can't see it happening though.

I don't see future picks going anywhere, unless we trade our first for Carlton's or something. Sometimes it pays off, but you can screw yourself over just as easily.
You don't want what happened to the Hawks this year. I agree.

All clubs would know the risks and benefits of a pick in next years draft. Our 2018 first would be much more valuable than our current first, it could get the majority of the 3 trades done on its own.

I love how people use the points system like it means something if they are not being used for academy picks.
Pick-only trades have to fall within 200 points of balanced. Theoretically player trades and future pick trades should balance up as well, but in practice they don't at all.

Don’t worry about getting the 3 deals done.
Doubt Dodoro would’ve sold the club to the three of them if he thought he couldn’t get all the deals done.

We’re getting three (if Stringer commits) players who are going to improve the team, no other way to look at it.

Bring on Monday!!

we can keep pick 11 and trade francis;) instead

The issue is that pick 11 is worth 2 picks around the mid/high 20s.

Some options to consider...
Option 1: Trade 11 (1,329) + 28 (677) for Saad 19 (948), & 22 (845). 19 for Stringer, 22 for Smith. (GC getting unders) (GWS and GC could swap 2nd rounders to even it up)
Option 2: Trade 11 (1,329) & 28 (677) for Brisbane 19 (Rockliff) & 20 (1860). 19 Stringer, 20 Smith, 2017 2nd Rounder for Saad. (EFC paying overs)
Option 3: Trade 11 for Stringer with 26 coming back. 26 for Smith, 28 for Saad. (WB getting unders)

I put this in the other thread but probably relevant to this post too

I wonder whether Richmond might be interested in a deal involving first round picks?

Patrick Naish (Rich F/S) is rated around the 20 mark in the draft. With the picks Richmond currently hold (15&17), there’s a chance they might need to use one to match a bid for Naish. Now if they were to offload those picks for 11&28, it would more than likely allow them to pick a first rounder with 11 then collect Naish with 28&50 with some change back.

Worth investigating I reckon.

Quoting here because I can see it derailing the Crichton thread;

I wasn’t watching the first part of the webcast. Did they mention trade week at all ?
When they interviewed I think Hurley in the first break I remember him saying something about hopefully we get all of them over the line, he hasn't personally met any of them but apparently some of the other boys have (which we've seen pics of TBC and Hooker at that cafe with Stringer so that part is true). Lucas was also asked about what he thought Stringer was worth, said late teens pick because they've said they don't want him and that devalues him a bit. I don't know exactly what he was referring to but later on he issued an apology to Dodoro down the barrel of the camera, something about 'you can get the deals done' or something, I guess he must've said something along the lines of 'it might be hard to get the deals done' earlier on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put this in the other thread but probably relevant to this post too

I wonder whether Richmond might be interested in a deal involving first round picks?

Patrick Naish (Rich F/S) is rated around the 20 mark in the draft. With the picks Richmond currently hold (15&17), there’s a chance they might need to use one to match a bid for Naish. Now if they were to offload those picks for 11&28, it would more than likely allow them to pick a first rounder with 11 then collect Naish with 28&50 with some change back.

Worth investigating I reckon.
Yeah, that trade works. Ideally you'd be able to turn pick 11 & 28 into 3 players though - which I don't know if it's possible.

Yeah, that trade works. Ideally you'd be able to turn pick 11 & 28 into 3 players though - which I don't know if it's possible.

I haven’t looked beyond that first trade, but perhaps there’s a way to shift 15/17 for a second and a third.

Alternatively we could look at future picks to help satisfy a trade deal.

The way I see it the following would get the desired trades done;
Stringer - late first
Smith - early/mid second
Saad - mid second/early third (probably dreaming on that one)

I haven’t looked beyond that first trade, but perhaps there’s a way to shift 15/17 for a second and a third.

Alternatively we could look at future picks to help satisfy a trade deal.

The way I see it the following would get the desired trades done;
Stringer - late first
Smith - early/mid second
Saad - mid second/early third (probably dreaming on that one)
GWS and GC have a lot of picks in the 20s if something could be maneuvered there.

Think a fringe best 22 player or a developing player will have to be traded out to get the three players - Could be players like Colyer, Myers, Laverde, Langford or Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back