Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

I was saying he was dropped once. Thanks for confirming that
And what about the other 30 reasons he isn't worth pick 11?

He's a bog average player to this point in his career. Pumped up by media and proven nothing in five years at AFL level.

Come on - that is very harsh on the young man. Had a stellar 2015. Above average 2016 and poor 2017.
It may be harsh, but its far more in line with reality than pick 11.

After a quick browse at some numbers (and yes, I understand that stats don't tell the story and that Stringer potentially has endless amounts more potential), the following players are on a similar level to Stringer's averages: Kane Lambert, Aaron Young, Kayne Turner, Ryan Schoenmakers, Callum Ah Chee, Josh Green, Jarryd Blair, Jake Barrett etc.

All have similar output to Stringer, a lot of them have better skills, work ethic and are rated as having a better impact on club culture internally than Stringer.

Not to bad mouth any of the above - can you honestly look at any of them and say with a straight face that their value is anywhere near pick 11? Or even in the same ball park as pick 11?

If pick 11 is being shipped to the dogs, the bombers have every right to ask for something back in return. I'd hope its something decent too (i.e. not a bag of footies).

Well he isn't worth a top 10 pick to us (and probably not anyone else for that matter).

So enjoy the awkward year

11 is huge overs for this guy.. I'm guessing his value has been driven up massively by the media attention he has received..

The guy has been dropped multiple times from a team that hasn't been all that flash since he arrived apart from 2016 (in which he was still dropped from a team that finished 7th on the ladder, all things considered).

Hasn't shown a consistent ability to get more than 12-odd touches (which would be fine if he was bringing other value to the table - he's not at this stage), fitness/endurance not great, defensive pressure not great, work ethic questionable, has a propensity for disastrous kicking/floaters and by all reports has been pretty poor for culture around his club and also hasn't rated overly well internally (BnF etc.)..

Has ability if he can piece it all together but gee pick 11 is overs.

Honestly, IMO he should have the lowest trade value of the 3 players that have nominated the bombers (assuming he also does nominate essendon), but will likely go for the most.

Bulldogs have massively got their head in the sand on this one. Either that or they're all slurping on BT's bathwater..
You still bitter about him after his match winning 4 goal performance against you guys in last year's finals. Stringer and Bont ended the Hawks reign

You still bitter about him after his match winning 4 goal performance against you guys in last year's finals. Stringer and Bont ended the Hawks reign
I'm so bitter I didn't even remember it happened until you just said it.

If that's what you want to roll with more power to you.. Try bringing that argument to the trade table with Essendon and see how far it gets you.

Edit: After a quick search, he had 14 touches at 50% efficiency (4 clangers) and kicked 3 goals. Hahahaha..

He's 22 years old.
I'll just leave one of his many highlights videos here. Have a look and tell me honestly what you think he's worth... I think people are forgetting who we're actually talking about here.

I'm so bitter I didn't even remember it happened until you just said it.

If that's what you want to roll with more power to you.. Try bringing that argument to the trade table with Essendon and see how far it gets you.

Edit: After a quick search, he had 14 touches at 50% efficiency (4 clangers) and kicked 3 goals. Hahahaha..
ha ha ha get yourhead out of your arse... I means stats book and watch the video above. That might remind you

What a bunch of rank friggin amateurs the Dogs are.

They publicly and willfully tore shreds off of Stringer, effectively told him to leave the club. Then, after realising how utterly daft that was, are now trying to convince the industry he's somehow worth a top 10 pick?

Keep him, I don't give a s**t. Have a player on your books that despises your pathetic club.

But if that happens, it'll be all part of the plan yeah? Putting a rocket up him? Oh you good things, you stars you. It wasn't at all because your short-sighted, basketcase organisation thought they could be big tough guys and stamp their authority.

****in losers. Tiny speck of a club.

Go ahead and see if you can get Geelong to pay it. They won't, and neither will we.

Bad hangover?

Bad hangover?

Listening to McCartney speak it's abundantly clear this is a club that doesn't have a set of big boy pants.

I would happily walk away from a deal for Stringer. Wouldn't even bother entering the inevitable mediation, just let them continue to trip over their own inflated and unwarranted sense of self.

Absolute bloody fools.

Listening to McCartney speak it's abundantly clear this is a club that doesn't have a set of big boy pants.

I would happily walk away from a deal for Stringer. Wouldn't even bother entering the inevitable mediation, just let them continue to trip over their own inflated and unwarranted sense of self.

Absolute bloody fools.
"Unwarranted sense of self" sounds more like a description of Essendon to me.

What a bunch of rank friggin amateurs the Dogs are.

They publicly and willfully tore shreds off of Stringer, effectively told him to leave the club. Then, after realising how utterly daft that was, are now trying to convince the industry he's somehow worth a top 10 pick?
Assuming you're serious and not a parody account, care to quote any of the "tearing shreds off of Stringer" quotes?
I posted all of Bevo's quotes earlier today if you'd like to read, not rant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad hangover?
It's amazing how the thread normally runs ok until Jade pops in. We all have fans we'd like to trade.
Essendon fans being pretty good this morning putting forward their side of the debate.

Nice rejuvenation plan so far.

I just think McCartney's made a rod for his own back here.
Stringer's not going to be playing for the dogs next year. He aint going back.
The Dogs aren't going to get a top 10 or high first round pick for all the reasons that have been argued.

I don't think you're getting 11 straight up, so where does it go from here?
Geelong for pick 20?

Even Barrett is on our side of this argument.... That's saying something.

The bulldogs organisation are being utterly ridiculous

Too true, that flog loves sticking the boots into us at every opportunity. If he's backing our positon, its clear as day.

I just think McCartney's made a rod for his own back here.
Stringer's not going to be playing for the dogs next year. He aint going back.
The Dogs aren't going to get a top 10 or high first round pick for all the reasons that have been argued.

I don't think you're getting 11 straight up, so where does it go from here?
Geelong for pick 20?

If you are so absolutely certain Stringer won't be on the Dogs list next year - why should any club offer more than P100?

I'd sincerely love to hear you explain why the club Stringer selects would be so stupid as to overpay when it's such a dead set certainty that the Dogs absolutely must trade him...

Please share your wisdom.

Even Barrett is on our side of this argument.... That's saying something.

The bulldogs organisation are being utterly ridiculous

It actually doesn’t say much. Barrett openly has issues with the Dogs and Beveridge. Hutchison pots him about it all the time on their podcast.

He’s totally shut out of us and the Roos at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back