What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. I don't have Foxtel. That's the game I went to with umpire Mathew Nicholls and his family. Yes, Matty was a Bulldogs supporter.

Dogs v WC 1997. Last game at Western Oval on Fox at 11.30 tonight.
I was there. It was bloody cold. Great memories.
Best that day Leon Cameron ,Paul Dimattina, Bubba Smith, Tony Liberatore.
Goalkickers Granty 3 Smith 3
Pretty sure Ben Cousins kicked the final goal at the ground. Anyone able to confirm that?

Damn. I don't have Foxtel. That's the game I went to with umpire Mathew Nicholls and his family. Yes, Matty was a Bulldogs supporter.

Those were the days - umps supporting us, as it should be. Now we get stooged every week :mad:

#FreeKickBulldogs

How good was Leon Cameron's kicking with either foot, and in miserable conditions?
And while it's probably pointless comparing eras, I'll do it anyway..
That 97 Dogs team looked like it would smash the current team, or any other team going around today.
A stack of legends.. Grant, Johnson, Darcy, Scott West, Smith, two Brownlows with Libba and Wynd, brutes like Southern and Kretiuk down back.
They just looked bigger, stronger and meaner.
Still, they couldn't quite get the job done, and we eventually won a premiership with only one genuine superstar.
The conclusion? Expansion, equalisation and assorted rule changes, while evening things up, have reduced the depth of the gene pool.
As I said, a pointless exercise.. now back to bitching over deals for 2nd rate players......

How good was Leon Cameron's kicking with either foot, and in miserable conditions?
And while it's probably pointless comparing eras, I'll do it anyway..
That 97 Dogs team looked like it would smash the current team, or any other team going around today.
A stack of legends.. Grant, Johnson, Darcy, Scott West, Smith, two Brownlows with Libba and Wynd, brutes like Southern and Kretiuk down back.
They just looked bigger, stronger and meaner.
Still, they couldn't quite get the job done, and we eventually won a premiership with only one genuine superstar.
The conclusion? Expansion, equalisation and assorted rule changes, while evening things up, have reduced the depth of the gene pool.
As I said, a pointless exercise.. now back to bitching over deals for 2nd rate players......
Stupid comment

Getting in early

TEvedqY.gif

Ricky Nixon was on SEN last night laying into the Dogs. We’ve handled the Stringer affair appallingly apparently by making it public.

He needs to ring the club and tell them how they should handle things. He’s an absolute expert on what happens when you’re caught doing sex with schoolgirls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky Nixon was on SEN last night laying into the Dogs. We’ve handled the Stringer affair appallingly apparently by making it public.

He needs to ring the club and tell them how they should handle things. He’s an absolute expert on what happens when you’re caught doing sex with schoolgirls.
Maybe he and Jake can double date. Check their birth cerificates, need to be born after 2000.

I'm not sure how we have handled it poorly. All we have been is honest.

There were rumours everywhere, beveridge had to come out, stringer goes on trade radio and spins s**t, his ex partner sets things straight with his problems and skullduggery and we apparently handled it poorly? Get "^*#+{

Maybe it is the same girl? I mean the media has been reporting Nixon's "partner" as a seventeen year old school girl for how many years now?

I f anyone has handled this poorly it is Essendon.

You can't be off the blocks with burning heels the moment Stringer is up for trade then pretend you are only casually interested lol
Also, their little amateur media campaign to lower his value has been so poorly thought out and obvious, that Jmac and the club has only come out and said what they have said regarding his value as a response to it. You don't tell someone you think is a pushover that you think they are a push over. They will only straighten up and try to prove you wrong. Which is what Jmac is probably doing now, his tone and manner rather more blunt and confrontational then normal.

Maybe he and Jake can double date. Check their birth cerificates, need to be born after 2000.

Not really relevant to anything, but seen the other day that we are closer to the year 2045 than 1990 :eek:

As you all were...

I'm not sure how we have handled it poorly. All we have been is honest.

There were rumours everywhere, beveridge had to come out, stringer goes on trade radio and spins s**t, his ex partner sets things straight with his problems and skullduggery and we apparently handled it poorly? Get "^*#+{
The issue was Beveridge was too honest. Could have handled it a bit different but his comments made it pretty clear our preference is to trade him.

As a result Stringer has cracked it and we are now faced with the possibility of him refusing to come back if we can’t get a deal.

In saying that I think we can still hold firm and demand the compensation we want as he is contracted and I have commended Jmacs opinion that this is the way it is going as we become more of a business, just wish it was jmac and not Bev who gave first comment

The issue was Beveridge was too honest. Could have handled it a bit different but his comments made it pretty clear our preference is to trade him.

As a result Stringer has cracked it and we are now faced with the possibility of him refusing to come back if we can’t get a deal.

In saying that I think we can still hold firm and demand the compensation we want as he is contracted and I have commended Jmacs opinion that this is the way it is going as we become more of a business, just wish it was jmac and not Bev who gave first comment
He wont refuse to come back. It would be suicide for his next contract.

He wont refuse to come back. It would be suicide for his next contract.
Yeah I agree, just saying it’s a possibility as there is a perception Bev wants him gone no matter what due to his line about duty of care to other players.

Ultimately I think we will hold out and Essendon either give what we want or he stays

I reckon that the reason that some people says there's an issue (which I'm not going to say there is or isn't, just that some people have interpreted that), is because Beveridge is a person who typically talks about a topic once in the media and doesn't ever address it ever again. It's part of his philosophy of looking forward, not backward. But it does mean that he doesn't respond if people interpret what he says incorrectly or correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back