Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
There is a good article about Jamie Cooper in today's Age. It shows the painting he is working on for Fitzroy's Team of the Century, which might give a few clues about who will be selected.

There is a funny story about Jamie's first game for the Royboys, when he was knocked out by Dale Weightman. He finally got his revenge, when painting Richmond's Team of the Century portrait. He painted Weightman with a black eye.

Originally posted by Fat Pizza:
There is a funny story about Jamie's first game for the Royboys, when he was knocked out by Dale Weightman. He finally got his revenge, when painting Richmond's Team of the Century portrait. He painted Weightman with a black eye.

Raised an eyebrow at that. Jamie's first senior game was in round 8, 1984...against Melbourne!

I can vividly recall seeing him having a big good-luck pash with his rather exotic looking girlfriend(?) down in front of the Kevin Murray Stand before the game. Quite a stimulating sight for an adolescent to behold!
eek.gif

Also, that was the day I got my first dollar coin! (We'd had dollar notes up until then, Olmy.)

------------------
Olmy knows best

Speaking of posters when at Fitzroy I got Dougie Hawkins company MMM laminating to print and laminate a large 1995 FFC poster, John Birt wouldn't pay for it so Doug gave it to me trouble is it is 20' by 12', a bit big for my wall.

It might be worth building an extra room just to hold it. Not that 1995 was a particularly good year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Roy lion. It will be a cold day in you know where before I subscribe to news Ltd. Anyway what’s going on with the football gods?? Roy’s get relegated and Richmond wins the flag. Time to put a bid in for the VFL I reckon. You never know what might happen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back