Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

You do understand he is going to play for 300k yeah?
I know SA is half and hour behind but try and keep up

I think this is the issue

Players are signing contracts but as their ability improves see they can gain more $$$$ by moving and breaking the contract

The afl should make a rule you can't renegotiate your contract whatever yo are on must remain and even extend the term if you leave for a minimum of 3 years on the same cash

Will this deter all these gold diggers and I include Gibbs in that category

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone else think losing rocky and using that (potential pick 19) for Cameron as crazy... surely with the crows digging in there heels, we are better off getting a good kid in and picking Cameron up for nothing next year?
Just doesn't seem reasonable to lose rocky and bring him as a straight swap of soughts in my eyes (maybe I'm wrong though)
For nothing? He's not even a RFA next year. Whatever happens with CC for next year you won't be getting him for nothing, stop dreaming.

I think this is the issue

Players are signing contracts but as their ability improves see they can gain more $$$$ by moving and breaking the contract

The afl should make a rule you can't renegotiate your contract whatever yo are on must remain and even extend the term if you leave for a minimum of 3 years on the same cash

Will this deter all these gold diggers and I include Gibbs in that category

I'l throw my hand up and say I wasn't happy about scully due to the nature of how that went down, however, surely we're now past players looking out for themselves and the $$$ involved? If the club can basically move them on (ala Watts) by publicly saying they aren't wanted, then loyalty is gone. The Club looks after the Club, and the player therefore has to look after themselves.

Melbourne was a place players didn't want to play. We lost so many best 22 players to other clubs, often on less money. But say Hoges gets a godfather offer we can't match.... well then we lose him and thats it.

For nothing? He's not even a RFA next year. Whatever happens with CC for next year you won't be getting him for nothing, stop dreaming.

Definitely won't be giving up 2 first rounders, nothing is relative. On actual value Cameron is a mid second rounder.

So what happened to Gibbs this year? Tell me how that went thanks
You came out in the media when you shouldn't have and left him on the alter when you couldn't get a deal done.

Is that it?

Not at all I want a premiership as I said the window is small

If the team is better with him in and a greater chance of s premiership why wouldn't you want that

Fair call. In truth i would agree with you. And i wish everyone worked out that a player (or a club) is loyal to the duration of his contract.

So you'd be against the calls for Lever to be dropped before the finals?

Definitely won't be giving up 2 first rounders, nothing is relative. On actual value Cameron is a mid second rounder.

Then we won't agree

Like I said the window is open would it be better to have CC in the team for another crack before maybe having the window close or accepting a second

Obviously we strive for a premiership the answer speaks for itself

If an attractive offer was on the table where you could use it to help with the premiership you then look at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we won't agree

Like I said the window is open would it be better to have CC in the team for another crack before maybe having the window close or accepting a second

Obviously we strive for a premiership the answer speaks for itself

If an attractive offer was on the table where you could use it to help with the premiership you then look at it

So we're talking next year with an out-of-contract Charlie Cameron. He walks to the PSD and Brisbane (who will likely finish low again) get him for zilch. Things are different dealing with bottom teams Vs. top teams, there aren't 10 clubs with picks in the way to scare Brisbane into doing a deal.

So we're talking next year with an out-of-contract Charlie Cameron. He walks to the PSD and Brisbane (who will likely finish low again) get him for zilch. Things are different dealing with bottom teams Vs. top teams, there aren't 10 clubs with picks in the way to scare Brisbane into doing a deal.

In a hypothetical situation if I could have a premiership next year but had to let Sloane go for nothing the year after I would do it

That's extreme

But if it's a second this year and CC will help us win the flag he is contracted I would have him in the team

And thats what you will end up paying for Impey, and Cameron is 10 times the player Impey is. Lol

Relevance being?

In a hypothetical situation if I could have a premiership next year but had to let Sloane go for nothing the year after I would do it

That's extreme

But if it's a second this year and CC will help us win the flag he is contracted I would have him in the team

I agree, then. Adelaide wouldn't trade him this year, and if I was Brisbane I wouldn't use two firsts.

Would you be open to trading Charlie Cameron if you got a player like Puopolo in as well as a first rounder? Puopolo fills that need for a year or two, you draft a young player to fill that position and it's both a short term and long term solution.

Dodongo thinks you are right. Dodongo knows we will get him for a third or fourth rounder. Dodongo then questions what Adelaide wants. Pick 18 this year which is overs or pick 40 odd next year?

Then Dodongo looks at Adelaide's past picks. You will waste 18 on another Doedee so perhaps you want a pick in the 40's or 50's.

Relevance being?

I agree, then. Adelaide wouldn't trade him this year, and if I was Brisbane I wouldn't use two firsts.

Would you be open to trading Charlie Cameron if you got a player like Puopolo in as well as a first rounder? Puopolo fills that need for a year or two, you draft a young player to fill that position and it's both a short term and long term solution.
Relevance being your lack of understanding player value.

And thats what you will end up paying for Impey, and Cameron is 10 times the player Impey is. Lol

If Port ask for a ridiculous trade I assume we would tell Impey it couldnt be done this year, and let him know we can try again next year when he is uncontracted.

Then we offer Hartung a short term contract. Or if Hartung moves on we move some of the kids around and find the best option at Box Hill.

We arent going to be winning a flag because of Impey. Brisbane may get out of the bottom 4 with Cameron.

Though probably not unless Schache improves a lot or they can get good trade value for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back