Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually...

"So the Suns want recompense in form of a pre-paid player but settled Cats have not been lining up to move from the surf coast to the Gold Coast, although reports that Jackson Thurlow knocked back an offer from the Suns is not true, while Mitch Duncan, Nakia Cockatoo and Jake Kolodjashnij are not for sale."

:eek:
Did Gold Coast ever inquire after Kolodjashnij or was his name put up by others and not excepted.

He's not even best 22!

He's a good player but I'd prefer 2 years of GAJ.

He is with another pre-season and a lot more confidence in his knee. Shouldn't have been dropped again once he returned from his stint in the VFL. Best ball user at the club behind Duncan. Perfect replacement for Mackie & will be a gun next season.

I'd prefer both.

Our 2018 first is reserved for Stringer IMO.

Pick 22 as worst case scenario for Ablett but we're holding 33 in case we need it for him.

Leaves the Motlop compo crucial to land Watts IMO.

My understanding is GC don't need or want picks...they want players....we won't be giving Pick 22 for Ablett in any case.

I doubt Adel will pay the big bucks for him to rot in the lower league

Then again nothing would surprise me about the #Feederclub anymore
Talking about Thurlow!

I really like him but if he was the cost of Ablett, I would do it.

He's behind Stewart, Bews, Tuohy and Kolodjashnij and Zuthrie at this point down back.

I wouldn't want yo trade Thurlow for him but it is fair IMO

In regards to Motlop, I think they'll thrwo McGovern to CHB and play Mots in a smaller forward setup.

Talking about Thurlow!

I really like him but if he was the cost of Ablett, I would do it.

He's behind Stewart, Bews, Tuohy and Kolodjashnij and Zuthrie at this point down back.

I wouldn't want yo trade Thurlow for him but it is fair IMO

In regards to Motlop, I think they'll thrwo McGovern to CHB and play Mots in a smaller forward setup.
Fair enough I thought you were talking about Motlop

But in regards to Thurlow I reckon he just needs another pre season under his belt and we will see him back to form.

It is hard to come back from that sort of injury and have an impact straight off the bat.

However, I do see the merit in shopping him around if he attracts interest, but don’t think the club will trade him personally.

My understanding is GC don't need or want picks...they want players....we won't be giving Pick 22 for Ablett in any case.
Pick 22 with a pick coming back was what I meant!

I know they don't want picks but maybe they blink first, 33 is all we have really since 51 won't do it.

Hence we can't offer it for Watts.

Nup all clubs. Obviously all those players have been far far better than Cockatoo as Cockatoo hasn't really done anything.
But as far as reminding me of the Great Man Cocky is the only player who ever has.
Just the power in the legs and overall strength.
That allies game was against the best players of his age and he just looked like he belonged in his own league.
Like Gaz dominating some of those games in the late 80's.

So what you mean is he is one of the most athletically gifted footy players you have seen rather than one of the most naturally gifted footballers.

I took it that you thought he was a natural footballer which is wrong. His game knowledge is poor.

Not even close

One got at least another 5-7 years left.

The other maybe a year or two at the most .

Silly

I hope you are right but I do laugh at that.

What would Sportsbet be paying on whose career will last longer from here

Ablett or Thurlow.

If Thurlow repeats this year he is delisted in 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I think we have said no to Duncan and Cocky and Gold Coast said no to Kolo.
Wait what? No, we said no to those three. I suspect GC has said no to the likes of GHS.

Lang they would probably take but he wants to stay in Vic.

Fair enough I though you were talking about Motlop

But in regards to Thurlow I reckon he just needs another pre season under his belt and we will see him back to form.

It is hard to come back from that sort of injury and have an impact straight off the bat.

However, I do see the merit in shopping him around if he attracts interest, but don’t think the club will trade him personally.
I don't disagree with you!

I've stated multiple times that Thurlow is in many ways a victim of bad luck and circumstance.

If he doesn't get injured in 2016 we probably don't draft Stewart and Bews wouldn't have been given aspects of Thurlow's role which he has excelled in.

No one will want GHS and we'd be lucky to get anything for Murdoch.

Thurlow seems the odd one out.

I think it is much more likely that Kade joins us!

Hopefully when OOC.

Surely it would make sense?

Yeah I'd like Kade to head south. Not sure it would be a hard decision for him to make!

This all hangs on the Motlop deal IMO .

Watts is only been courted by Port and the Cats so if both say they don't want him at Melbourne's nominated price it leaves Melbourne in a difficult position as they've already said they wont be keeping Watts.

Can't believe Melbourne want 20 for Watts a player they are trying to get rid off not a player we are trying to recruit.

I like the way Scott and Wells are playing it. Yes we want them but we're happy to walk away if the price isn't right.

We will end up with Watts. Sure of it.

Yeah I'd like Kade to head south. Not sure it would be a hard decision for him to make!
It would be the GC or us!

He was pick 5 and been best22 under 22.

Playing with Jake would be an interesting selling point IMO and Jake is not moving any time soon!

I thought Wells only said they won't be part of the deal,didn't state why?
The context and his tone was important. Was clear that we have ruled the three players out.

Am I the only one that detests the use of “melt” in every second post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. When I was a mod I got Chief to change. 'Nice melt' to 'You win'

The good part of today is that we may actually end up with 19 and 22 and Gaz.

I did find the comments about Watts logical (Melb asking too much) then I read that Melb will accept Pick 30 for him. Whats the difference btw 34 and 30 really.

The good part of today is that we may actually end up with 19 and 22 and Gaz.

I did find the comments about Watts logical (Melb asking too much) then I read that Melb will accept Pick 30 for him. Whats the difference btw 34 and 30 really.

4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back