Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage who hasn’t seen the uncensored pics?
AFL umpires.

Ya know, 'cause they're blind.

UntimelySpecificCaracal.gif

Thoughts about the Lever deal? Crows are banging on about mission accomplished "we got what we wanted".

But pick 10 and next year's first for Lever pick 35 and next year's third rounder. Thoughts?

Thoughts about the Lever deal? Crows are banging on about mission accomplished "we got what we wanted".

But pick 10 and next year's first for Lever pick 35 and next year's third rounder. Thoughts?
The only pick of value there is next years first rounder, pick 10 this year might get you something decent but probably not better than Lever. What will determine who "wins" this trade is what next years first rounder becomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good trading by both teams, Melbourne paid the premium for getting close to a guaranteed top end talent for 150 games baring injury and contract woes without completing throwing themselves out of the the next two drafts.

Adelaide roughly doubled their strike rate, about a third more of the talent pool is available at 10 then it is a 35 and they've moved picks into an area that can target top end KPFs, they now have four first round picks to throw around for ready made players or drafees which is crazy considering they just made a Grand Final.

Watched ABC new a few minutes ago. There's a national sports award event tonight and they were interviewing people as they arrived. Tony Lockett was one of the arrivals. He looked terribly unwell to my eyes; wasted appearance with a face so thin he'd be unrecognisable if his name wasn't mentioned by the journalist.

Last edited:
Watched ABC new a few minutes ago. There's a national sports award event tonight and they were interviewing people as they arrived. Tony Lockett was one of the arrivals. He looked terribly unwell to my eyes; wasted appearance with a face so thin he'd be unrecognisable if his name wasn't mentioned by the journalist.
Yes, his face is lean, but he's looking incredibly fit for his age. Decided to lose weigh with an intense focus and just went and did it.

We thought cancer when we saw him.

Thought I heard he was doing marathons or iron-man races or something like that. An NFL player, a favorite of my youth Alan Page, changed his body shape to run marathons after he retired. It was amazing to see the difference.

Terrible news about his sister. As someone who has had to care for family members with mental illnesses for the past 22 years, it is an enormous strain on all those who are close. I suppose the question now though is, since his sister has now moved onto a better place and is no longer suffering, why does Gaz still need to move back to Victoria? Is his dad still in a bad way? Couldn’t he relocate his dad to the coast for some R and R away from the intense media spotlight in Victoria and fulfill the final year of his contract?

And the most insensitive campaigner award goes to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back