Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, I thought you must have heard something more reliable than that.

I've had plenty of these posts in the last few weeks and yet I've provided a logical explanation for my thoughts and it is playing itself out.

For example, we are in play for Jake Stringer and yet every time I bring him up, I get told he's over, move on, blah blah blah etc, but why not talk about a guy who we are seriously in the hunt for?

If we cannot trade Lang + Murdoch/GHS for Ablett we will trade #34 IMO.

Our offer for Stringer is #22 + Thurlow/Stanley or our 2018 first

Thurlow may end up on the Gold Coast at this point also.

Watts will be traded for but we can't trade for him without knowing what the Motlop compo is IMO.

Actually he didnt say that at all, he said it was unlikely the deal could get done in the current environment but he also said the same about the Ablett trade a little while back so maybe we should just shut all the boards down because you say that we arent aloud to talk about potential trade targets, grow the **** up. As i said if you dont like it then leave, whether you like it or not Watts is still a trade target.

We get 35 as compo which will more than likely be used for Ablett, which means unless we trade pick 19 for Watts it isnt happening, and we be mad to trade 19 for Watts. Which is why Wells said a Watts trade is unlikely, stop being a soft **** because someone doesnt like your idea.

We get 35 as compo which will more than likely be used for Ablett, which means unless we trade pick 19 for Watts it isnt happening, and we be mad to trade 19 for Watts. Which is why Wells said a Watts trade is unlikely, stop being a soft **** because someone doesnt like your idea.
How do you know we get 35?

Who ever they have 21 earmarked for in the draft, I bet they could still get him with a pick in the 30's.
People are going to be mega pissed.

I've had plenty of these posts in the last few weeks and yet I've provided a logical explanation for my thoughts and it is playing itself out.

For example, we are in play for Jake Stringer and yet every time I bring him up, I get told he's over, move on, blah blah blah etc, but why not talk about a guy who we are seriously in the hunt for?

If we cannot trade Lang + Murdoch/GHS for Ablett we will trade #34 IMO.

Our offer for Stringer is #22 + Thurlow/Stanley or our 2018 first

Thurlow may end up on the Gold Coast at this point also.

Watts will be traded for but we can't trade for him without knowing what the Motlop compo is IMO.

Have no issue speculating about our options but you post in a manner that suggested you had some inside information as the above bolded. You really have no idea what our offer is. You are merely speculating what our offer (if there actually is one at all) is.

As much as I think we are getting screwed by the afl in compo i have to take my hat off to Motlop for forgoing $100k per season to go to Port instead of Adelaide, shows money isnt everything.
$100k per season but the Port deal is a year longer than the Adelaide deal, so he's really getting $200k more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction:

- we got 35 for Motlop.
- give our 2018 first round sfor ablett and their second round
- Lang for North's 46
- Menzel stays

Basically lose Lang, Motlop, Lonergan Mackie retire, overpay on Ablett by again not having a R1 pick for another season.

I'd give that a 1/10. A net loss on talent in our 22.

It is compounded by the fact rivals are becoming better with shrewd creative trading, whilst we watch on the sidelines being nice to everyone

We better match. 35 is bloody ridiculous!!! The majority of members won't be happy unless we match. What an absolute joke.
Okay say we match, Port walk away.
Now our TPP is screwed up which players do you want to trade out to get us under the cap?

Okay say we match, Port walk away.
Now our TPP is screwed up which players do you want to trade out to get us under the cap?
All the players who are always injured.
It's not like they are playing anyway.

It is compounded by the fact rivals are becoming better with shrewd creative trading, whilst we watch on the sidelines being nice to everyone
Does this highlight the fact that Stephen Wells is not as good at trading players in the Free Agency era as he is at spotting untapped talent?

Have no issue speculating about our options but you post in a manner that suggested you had some inside information as the above bolded. You really have no idea what our offer is. You are merely speculating what our offer (if there actually is one at all) is.
Yeah no s**t.

Did you miss all the imo's?

I would never claim something that was untrue in regards to information.

So yes, I am speculating on the internet.

However the speculation is playing out.

My speculation is based on logic and the words coming out of the GFC and Connors own mouth.

I have answered literally every single thing anyone has asked me, to the tune of 1100 posts in a week.

Should I not say anything?

Does this highlight the fact that Stephen Wells is not as good at trading players in the Free Agency era as he is at spotting untapped talent?

Really?
2 years ago he got Dangerfield, Henderson, Smith and S Selwood.
Edit: Even last year he got Tuohy in for Smedts and a slight pick downgrade.

Lang for North's 46

Lang has to be kept now, if for no other reason than if he is fit he is best 22 sans Motlop and with the perennially injured trio of Cockatoo, Gregson and McCarthy all on the list. Surely they cant let him go now for another low ball return on a former first round draft pick of ours who is only 22.

$100k per season but the Port deal is a year longer than the Adelaide deal, so he's really getting $200k more

Yes and no. Makes the assumption that he wouldn't get another contract after 3 years. He has taken the more secure option. Personally I would have gone for the bigger contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back