Suggestion I don't care about Fitzroy

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Long-running pet hate...

On the mainboard, there is a helpful topbar with links to the subforums, starting with "AFL" and then the clubs in alphabetical order ("ADE", "BRI", ...) and then "Fitz" at the end.

When my browser isn't wide enough to fit the entire bar, it removes some links and puts them behind a drop-down box.

That's all good. However! Links at the start drop off first. So the first one to go is "AFL," i.e. the one I use most often. I go to click it and instead find myself looking at "ADE," or (much worse) "CAR" or "COL". So I have to mouse to the opposite end of the page and click the drop down and then click AFL.

The topbar's priorities are backwards when it throws away "AFL" first and "Fitz" last.

Awesome!

The change is needed in js/xenforo.js:updateVisibleNavigationLinks(). If you change:
Code:
h = b.filter(":not(.navigationHidden)").last()
to:
Code:
h = b.filter(":not(.navigationHidden)").first()
... then it removes them from the end and not the start.

Aside from that, it needs a tweak in the same function so that the ".navigationHidden" drop-down displays at the right time, since it can no longer assume that it'll always be there as the last element.

Ahhh that's so much better, thank you! If I'd known it could be fixed so quickly, I would have complained a long time ago.

:thumbsu:

Ahhh that's so much better, thank you! If I'd known it could be fixed so quickly, I would have complained a long time ago.

:thumbsu:
I would have put it in front of my tech ferret a long time ago too.

Let me know if you want any dev work. I have a large board full of projects needing doing. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back