Past Dan Robinson - delisted 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo leaving is disappointing. However, we cannot really blame him. He's obviously assessed his ability to crack the 22 on a regular basis and thinks now is the time to jump.

Probably disappointing in the way losing Biggs, Everitt, Spangher, Nankervis, Membrey and Armstrong is. That is to say, it's a shame we lose him as depth/as a potential best 22 of the future, but we won't be crippled as a result.

We can argue that Membrey and Nankervis were better than just 'depth'. But at some point you have to make a call when you are contesting finals whether you clear space for the next generation, or run the risk of losing them by taking too long to lift them off base payments.

I don't think his loss will come back to haunt us but he could definitely be 150 game player for another club. Dissapointing but better to be losing fringe depth like Robinson than young stars like many other clubs.

Late 2nd/early 3rd at best imo

If that. He doesn’t have currency on the market. If the club trades him it is because they want to help him get more first team footy, definitely not because of draft picks.

Would happily take that but no one would offer near that

Late 2nd/early 3rd at best imo

Haha nah man I was just making fun of trade week on Bigfooty, where players are simultaneously not that good and no great loss to the side on the one hand, and worth of really high draft picks and star players on the other. Schroedinger’s journeyman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he grew up in Melbourne then came to Sydney, then did his HSC in Melbourne playing TAC. Pretty sure his extended family is all from Melbourne.

He was signed up as a Swans scholarship holder in 2010. From memory you needed to be a NSW resident for a number of years to be eligible for this. Interesting in that this is the reason we could not sign up Dustin Martin when he was in Campbelltown. Dustin contacted the Swans to see if he could get a scholarship but he was ineligible. Sigh, what might have been.

If he was originally from Melbourne he has been in Sydney for a long time.

I like Robbo and I'm disappointed to see him go. His chances at the Swans were cruelled by a couple of shoulder injuries and the filthy actions of a spineless thug.

I hope he succeeds wherever he winds up.
This. Well said Bruce. :thumbsu:

I actually hope he stays, he's the sort of player you would look at and not think he's anything special (and I say that in the nicest possible way) but it takes all sorts to make up a list, we've been adept at getting the most out of players in the past and turning them into solid contributors. You never know, he might be able to help fill the void left by the competition's 88th best midfielder.

Pardon my intrusion, but 5AA reporting we'll be getting Robinson tomorrow

What's he like? Seems like a bit of a whipping boy over here, unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back