Traded Jake Stringer [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly how many Essendon mouthpieces are there in the media commenting on this trade?

Also predictable that the mental health card has been played.
Watson, Lucas, Lloyd, Cooney

Dodoro been on Trade Radio a few times

Not much impartiality at all on the matter considering Connors is talking to everyone, probably only seen it from Landsberger

do they?

I mean, they have individually negotiated contracts, yes, but so do many workers; and in any case that doesn't mean they exist in a detached environment. They are still workplace contracts, they still have all the inherent rights of any other worker.

What specifically are you referring to with this comment?

And, further, what justification do you have to claim that a pro athlete wouldn't get paid for taking the equivalent of stress leave? You must have some specific example or contractual mechanism to reference, surely?

look up the Workers Compensation Act. Pro athletes are specifically excluded m8. No in built cover m8.

He is a 23 year old making his way through life. Easy for us to say we didn't make the same mistakes as him, but we weren't wearing a Premiership medal with a beefed up salary and women falling over us anytime we went outside.
I agree
What has any of that got to do with him standing out of the game due to mental health issues?

I don't get the hate he cops, as a dogs supporter the guys a frickin legend.

I don't hate him, I think it's funny how so many of your bretheren think the mere mention of his name will be enough to route the opposition. What he's done for your club is nothing short of phenomenal.

I like how anything the bulldogs say is bullshit negotiating but anything said from Essendon eg. Not trading out 2018 1st round pick must be set in stone.

And hows the AFL article "Stringers Dad slams dogs" all he said is they were dissapointed like Jake he was put up for a trade and "maybe he needs a fresh start" also the bombers were "quite supportive". Of course theyre supportive they are the only other club thay want him and old man stringer knows that.

Not much impartiality at all on the matter considering Connors is talking to everyone, probably only seen it from Landsberger

Every day it seems there's a new Essendon person commenting with a misplaced sense of authority.

And we beat you

:$
By finishing higher on the ladder?
Oh.

Maybe forcibly removing Jake Stringer from your team, while dictating what picks you get will help you rise up the ladder.

#justgordonthings

look up the Workers Compensation Act. Pro athletes are specifically excluded m8. No in built cover m8.
fair enough, I don't know enough about the area. I wouldn't be taking it to the bank that he couldn't get compensated one way or another though. Really, it would be interesting to see what happened. I tend to think it would be a disaster for all concerned, Stringer and the Dogs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been in and out of this thread a fair bit (I can't be bothered with all the rubbish sniping and point scoring between WB and Ess supporters), so I might have missed it if this has been suggested before.

It seems to me that 2 x second rounders is a good offer, points wise, but according to WB supporters on here the problem is that WB will only be taking 2 picks in this year's draft and the picks wouldn't be used. I think WB have their own 2nd still (?) but might still use it in a trade (Martin? Schache? other?). However, the current plan is to take their own #9 and their own second to the draft, and two more seconds from Essendon are no use to them. Reports have it that they tried to upgrade the 2 seconds they would get from Essendon with Richmond (for #16 or #17) and with Freo (swap Freo #5 for WB #9 and a second) but both were declined.
It seems no-one values second rounders much and don't want to part with frist rounders. Fair enough.
However, Carlton don't have a second rounder and can't seem to be able to complete a deal with GWS for Kennedy with anything less.
So, how about offering Carlton WB#9 and one (or both) of Essendon's second rounders for their pick #3.
It gets Kennedy to Carlton and still leaves them well placed with pick 9 instead of 3, plus gains them one or two second rounders.
Any thoughts?

Not Essendon mouthpieces but Scoop McClure, Barrett, Ralph, Denham, Browne, Lyon, Schwarz are also sticking the boots into the Dogs.

I like how anything the bulldogs say is bullshit negotiating but anything said from Essendon eg. Not trading out 2018 1st round pick must be set in stone.

And hows the AFL article "Stringers Dad slams dogs" all he said is they were dissapointed like Jake he was put up for a trade and "maybe he needs a fresh start" also the bombers were "quite supportive". Of course theyre supportive they are the only other club thay want him and old man stringer knows that.
Clickbait sensationalism

Not Essendon mouthpieces but Scoop McClure, Barrett, Ralph, Denham, Browne, Lyon, Schwarz are also sticking the boots into the Dogs.
Because the club had handled it poorly. But live and learn. You know a deal will get done when the AFL mouthpieces speak.

fair enough, I don't know enough about the area. I wouldn't be taking it to the bank that he couldn't get compensated one way or another though. Really, it would be interesting to see what happened. I tend to think it would be a disaster for all concerned, Stringer and the Dogs

M8 imo it'd fall into contract law. Each party prove their case. Jake by all accounts happy up till he was told to piss off. Dogs would likely have a documented history of Jakes screw ups and there would be a few (by his own public admission). He'd be mad to go to court IMO. So IMO the mental health card is an empty threat as Jake would stand to lose more than he'd gain.

Of course it'd likely ruin Jakes value (both trade and salary), but worse for Jake than club IMO. But still a shitty outcome for Dogs and Jake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back