Gresham
Acres
Steele
Lonie
Billings
Membrey
McCartin
Sinclair

I believe they have a far better balanced list, through the back half, midfield and forward then what Melbourne have. They also pick two top 10 picks this year to further add to an already talented list.

As we all know however and as a Melbourne supporter you should know that talent doesn't automatically = success and nor does it mean you will be a better team.

If I was to pick between both lists, for under23 and over all list for the future I'd rather have St Kildas over Melbournes.
Thanks. Remind me not to seek your opinion on anything footy related.

The best pure midfielder there is Steele. He's a good young player, but behind Oliver and Viney. Acres has undoubted talent but he's also behind these two.

The best tall forward there is McCartin. The jury is obviously still out although I recognise his ability. The diabetes is a concern and Hogan is a mile ahead.

Billings had a great breakout year and it was better than Petracca's. But if you think there's a club in the league that would take Billings over Petracca right now seek help urgently.

Gresham is better than Neal-Bullen. They're different, but we don't have anyone quite like Gresham. We also have Hannan (22 goals) and Harmes, but they're both taller and different. Tick Saints.

We also don't have a young Membrey or Lonie.

I like Sinclair, but wouldn't trade Brayshaw for him.

We also have Lever, Hunt, and Oscar McDonald in the backline.

Most importantly, if one had to name the best half dozen between the two sides you'd be stating names like Oliver, Viney, Hogan, Petracca, Lever, and Billings.

In the best 6 players in this grouping one Saint gets in.

Never seek a career in list management.

When the fixture is released in the next 2 weeks I will re-do my ladder.. if port get another easy fixture and with they way they recruited they should finish top 2.. I mean they really have to finish top 4 to justify the whole "recruiting for the now"

When the fixture is released in the next 2 weeks I will re-do my ladder.. if port get another easy fixture and with they way they recruited they should finish top 2.. I mean they really have to finish top 4 to justify the whole "recruiting for the now"
They'll get a top 6 draw like both of our clubs surely? Think that means one low ranked double up and the rest top six sides.

I mean they really have to finish top 4 to justify the whole "recruiting for the now"
They've got an opportunity Port Adelaide, top 4 is quite possible and they should make it. The players that they've recruited so far in Rockliff and Motlop were born in 1990 and 1991 respectively. Right now they are at an age where a lot of players are at peak performance. Watts is in the same boat as he was born in 1991 like Motlop. So I'm expecting them to make an impact and help push Port into the top 4. If they improve their record against finals bound teams, then I'm confident that they'll get the double chance.

They've got an opportunity Port Adelaide, top 4 is quite possible and they should make it. The players that they've recruited so far in Rockliff and Motlop were born in 1990 and 1991 respectively. Right now they are at an age where a lot of players are at peak performance. Watts is in the same boat as he was born in 1991 like Motlop. So I'm expecting them to make an impact and help push Port into the top 4. If they improve their record against finals bound teams, then I'm confident that they'll get the double chance.
Fingers crossed they don't.. hoping they don't handle expectation again..

1. Richmond
2. St Kilda
3. GWS
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Port Adelaide
7. Brisbane Lions
8. Melbourne
9. Hawthorn
10. Gold Coast
11. Geelong
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast
14. Sydney
15. North Melbourne
16. Fremantle
17. Collingwood
18. Carlton

Thanks. Remind me not to seek your opinion on anything footy related.

The best pure midfielder there is Steele. He's a good young player, but behind Oliver and Viney. Acres has undoubted talent but he's also behind these two.

The best tall forward there is McCartin. The jury is obviously still out although I recognise his ability. The diabetes is a concern and Hogan is a mile ahead.

Billings had a great breakout year and it was better than Petracca's. But if you think there's a club in the league that would take Billings over Petracca right now seek help urgently.

Gresham is better than Neal-Bullen. They're different, but we don't have anyone quite like Gresham. We also have Hannan (22 goals) and Harmes, but they're both taller and different. Tick Saints.

We also don't have a young Membrey or Lonie.

I like Sinclair, but wouldn't trade Brayshaw for him.

We also have Lever, Hunt, and Oscar McDonald in the backline.

Most importantly, if one had to name the best half dozen between the two sides you'd be stating names like Oliver, Viney, Hogan, Petracca, Lever, and Billings.

In the best 6 players in this grouping one Saint gets in.

Never seek a career in list management.

It's ok :) we'll just have to wait and see how both sides go over the coming years.

It's ok :) we'll just have to wait and see how both sides go over the coming years.
And I'm looking forward to it. The dynamic of our rivalry with the Saints has changed in that we managed to beat them twice after having not beaten them since the 2006 EF. I'll be keenly anticipating the next games we play against St Kilda. Also think us and Essendon will also start to build a rivalry in the coming years. Adding Essendon to this discussion, the progress of those 3 teams will be interesting not only next year but for the few years after that. I think it's quite possible that all 3 of those teams with their current lists will be peaking at a similar time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Port Adelaide
2. Adelaide
3. GWS
4. Geelong
5. Sydney
6. Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. St Kilda
9. Western Bulldogs
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Essendon
13. North Melbourne
14. Fremantle
15. Hawthorn
16. Carlton
17. Brisbane
18. Gold Coast

Port top? Mate I will send you $50 if that happens.

MCrouch 2018 Brownlow Winner

1. Richmond
2. St Kilda
3. GWS
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Port Adelaide
7. Brisbane Lions
8. Melbourne
9. Hawthorn
10. Gold Coast
11. Geelong
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast
14. Sydney
15. North Melbourne
16. Fremantle
17. Collingwood
18. Carlton

Jesus Christ! What are you basing 2nd position on, cant be 2017 just gone ??

1. Sydney
2. GWS
3. Richmond
4. Port Adelaide
5. Melbourne
6. Adelaide
7. Geelong
8. Essendon
9. Western Bulldogs
10. Hawthorn
11. St. Kilda
12. Collingwood
13. Fremantle
14. Brisbane
15. Carlton
16. West Coast
17. Gold Coast
18. North Melbourne

Reckon next season will be pretty similar to this season in that the team finishing number one on the ladder will not be the best team come finals time. Some further notes and justifications:
- I reckon Sydney's continuity will help them consolidate first place. Can only be better than last season really although I have an awful feeling they will fall short in the finals again.
- Similarly for Richmond, I think they will play strongly again and their maniac style footy means they're always a problem for most teams. They've got some good young guys who should improve, furthermore I'd like to see Ellis, Lennon and Moore in particular cement themselves as best 22 otherwise Richmond is going to find it hard to maintain success
- Port will struggle a bit in the first half of next season and lose some winnable games but I predict them to finish strong.
- Adelaide losing Lever + Cameron means their overall level decreases but most importantly, other young midfields like Saints, Dee's, Dogs will be huge threats to them because their rate of improvement is quicker than Adelaide's.
- Dogs missing out, losing Stringer will hurt them up forward and I really think playing Bont in the midfield 80-90 percent of the time is a necessity if they want to make finals. Unfortunately a good forward line is another prerequisite and Boyd+Redpath doesn't fill that requirement IMO.
- Saints will need to replace Montagna and Roo as leaders. Billings, Dunstan, Steele, Ross took steps but now they need Acres, Freeman to join them in the midfield. Still not convinced that midfield group + Steven gets them into the top 8. McCartin Membrey Bruce need to find some chemistry as well.
- Carlton need to start playing some actual football and not pick 4-5 key defenders every game and flood the defensive fifty. If he wants to play counterattacking intercept footy that's fine but it only works in conjunction with strong skills, clear forward structures.
- Suns need to throw the kitchen sink at Tom Lynch and focus on getting Andrew Swallow in to teach Brodie, Fiorini and Bowes the intricacies of midfield grunt work. I think Brodie's development into a strong contested ball winner will coincide with an improvement in fortunes for the Suns.

1. Sydney Swans
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Essendon
5. GWS Giants
6. Adelaide
7. Collingwood
8. Melbourne
---------------------
9. Port Adelaide
10. St Kilda\
11. Hawthorn
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Carlton
14. West Coast
15. Fremantle
16. Brisbane Lions
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast

1. Sydney Swans
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Essendon
5. GWS Giants
6. Adelaide
7. Collingwood
8. Melbourne
---------------------
9. Port Adelaide
10. St Kilda\
11. Hawthorn
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Carlton
14. West Coast
15. Fremantle
16. Brisbane Lions
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast
Port missing the 8? Dont you rate their trades? I think it could be an SA dominant year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back