2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of mayo on that. I heard Waldron today as well. Still not sure on the Gt stuff either. Heard both sides of that.

Might be a bit of mayo on it but still stands that he said that clubs have to do what Connors wants because agents "wield more power than the clubs". I thought he said that if the Dogs don't just shut up and do what they need to do he will punish them in the future? I must have hearing issues otherwise. And what was the other side of GT getting booted from the radio for criticising them?

What has that got to do with Watts. I think that data suggests he had a very ordinary year.

Do you think the player they draft at 32 will be a better player?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Might be a bit of mayo on it but still stands that he said that clubs have to do what Connors wants because agents "wield more power than the clubs". I thought he said that if the Dogs don't just shut up and do what they need to do he will punish them in the future? I must have hearing issues otherwise. And what was the other side of GT getting booted from the radio for criticising them?

He also said Conners had every right to do that because of what the Dogs have done to Stringer. Think that is fairly important. As for GT well Ive heard that the AFL said no such thing as well as what you said. Bruce Eva told me the first one and he was working there then.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Thats how i heard it as well.
Do the right thing now or pay later

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Looks like thats it for the night , looks like someone is bored and seeing if the ******s are stupid enough to bite

No. You have got me. He had a good year now because the player they will draft most likely wont go as good as Watts this year.

I think they need to clear him of the books to make way for Lever and the several out of contract players they will have next year. My Dees mates will be melting, they love Jack Watts and there has been this fear that he will move one day and become a superstar at another club. If he wins a premiership with Port they will go mental.

Serious question - Do we rookie list Mitch McCarthy? He was tied to us in his draft year but Pies pounced and we drafted Marshall instead.

Still super raw but plays both ends and seems to have some ability.

If the draft is that shallow he would be worth a punt on the rookie list wouldnt he?
Concerning to say the least that Collingfilth, who have a paucity of KPP, would let him go immediately.

Has had some injury issues as I understand it.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I think they need to clear him of the books to make way for Lever and the several out of contract players they will have next year. My Dees mates will be melting, they love Jack Watts and there has been this fear that he will move one day and become a superstar at another club. If he wins a premiership with Port they will go mental.

That's life I suppose. He has had a good ordinary career. I think you will find it was his training attitude that was the problem. Think they are going ok money wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

Tyrian Loinstar

God of T1t's & Wine
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
This trade thread be like....
200.webp

Needs more

200w.webp

200.webp

Anything? Yes my lord Tyrian, anything!
200.webp

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Looks almost certain we will go to draft with 7&8.

Only chance if we're needed to assist in another deal potentially Weller but very unlikely.

I agree with you but I believe they would love to trade up. Stephenson or whatever his name is what they want from hearing some small info.

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
The challenge is that we need to impress to sway those guys to join.

Playing finals seems more unlikely than likely at this stage being realistic.

I know I'm more an optimist at times but we were only bad kicking for goal away from finals this season. We lost 2-3 games purely on our failure to convert in from of the big sticks.

I suppose it will come down to how much inprovement comes from the existing list - Gresh, Steele, Billings, Sinclair, Ross, Acres, Longer in particular - even Dunstan who started to show something in the second half of the year. Also Armitage, McCartin and Goddard are like new recruits, (well maybe not Paddy). Freeman would be a bonus even if he made the team and played a game!

We are building nicely and if we can show improvement then we are a viable choice. We also have the fact that Sloane's family are mad Saints supporters which might count for something - especially if he does come back to Victoria we can offer him the length of contract and the coin to make it worth his while. We will also be back at Moorabbin by then as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back