Sexual Misconduct in Hollywood (+ now Australia!) - All individuals combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Driver > Minnie Driver
Hird > Voss > Buckley
screen-shot-2016-11-30-at-11-43-00-am.png

interesting face

Curious to know how many of these women were actually groped or harassed I bet half of them are lying just so they can get a pay check.
Yes, because being known as the girl whose **** Weinstein grabbed is such a lucrative career. At best, there's a paid interview or two out of it, in exchange for a lot of negative publicity. And having to deal with people whose default setting is they are lying, even after the guy copped to a lot of the accusations (such as yourself).

Yes, because being known as the girl whose **** Weinstein grabbed is such a lucrative career. At best, there's a paid interview or two out of it, in exchange for a lot of negative publicity. And having to deal with people whose default setting is they are lying, even after the guy copped to a lot of the accusations (such as yourself).

I didnt say they were all lying but it wouldn't be hard to tell a convincing story even if that women was hardly groped or harassed.

Last edited:
Curious to know how many of these women were actually groped or harassed I bet half of them are lying just so they can get a pay check.
That is not what your concern should be. At all.

No, I'm not, you're just trying to create an argument by making ridiculous assumptions.
You explicitly said if the women didn't do anything, regardless of whether they feared for their career, they were contributing the problem (the problem being Weinstein sexually assaulting women). Not sure what the ridiculous assumption I made was...

You are including the women (victims) in the chain of blame. From a purely unemotional standpoint, there might be some logic to that, but it's bullshit when you factor in real people with real fears.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

uh Woody Allen's thoughts:

Woody Allen is asked about Weinstein

Filmmaker Woody Allen, another Hollywood figure accused of sexual abuse, has worked with Weinstein on films that include the Oscar-winning Mighty Aphrodite. BBC News asked Allen, who's promoting his film Wonder Wheel, about Weinstein.

"The whole Harvey Weinstein thing is very sad for everybody involved," Allen said in a story published Sunday. "Tragic for the poor women that were involved, sad for Harvey that (his) life is so messed up."

Allen hoped that the allegations against Weinstein would lead to "some amelioration," but not "to a witch hunt atmosphere, a Salem atmosphere, where every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself. That's not right either."

Ronan Farrow, Allen's son with Mia Farrow, is the reporter who wrote the New Yorker piece that detailed many of Weinstein's alleged assaults. Farrow has also alleged that his father abused his sister, Dylan.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ate-new-assault-claims-against-him/765978001/

uh Woody Allen's thoughts:

Woody Allen is asked about Weinstein

Filmmaker Woody Allen, another Hollywood figure accused of sexual abuse, has worked with Weinstein on films that include the Oscar-winning Mighty Aphrodite. BBC News asked Allen, who's promoting his film Wonder Wheel, about Weinstein.

"The whole Harvey Weinstein thing is very sad for everybody involved," Allen said in a story published Sunday. "Tragic for the poor women that were involved, sad for Harvey that (his) life is so messed up."

Allen hoped that the allegations against Weinstein would lead to "some amelioration," but not "to a witch hunt atmosphere, a Salem atmosphere, where every guy in an office who winks at a woman is suddenly having to call a lawyer to defend himself. That's not right either."

Ronan Farrow, Allen's son with Mia Farrow, is the reporter who wrote the New Yorker piece that detailed many of Weinstein's alleged assaults. Farrow has also alleged that his father abused his sister, Dylan.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ate-new-assault-claims-against-him/765978001/

And that's part of the problem. Men who say "What that man did is disgusting ... but there's nothing wrong with what I do."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You explicitly said if the women didn't do anything, regardless of whether they feared for their career, they were contributing the problem (the problem being Weinstein sexually assaulting women). Not sure what the ridiculous assumption I made was...

You are including the women (victims) in the chain of blame. From a purely unemotional standpoint, there might be some logic to that, but it's bullshit when you factor in real people with real fears.
the problem, if you wish to call it that, is the dream factory in LA. It is built on fantastical premise.

now, i concede, this is hidsight, but when you have the confected emotion of Beveridge* and Bob Murphy, that rides an emotional wave to a flag(see: the same with Dimma Hardwick), then the ability to manage the list at Footscray was a downfall, it had 12 months sour milk use-by date. Richmond will be the same.

*as I put the caveat qualifier<pleonasm>... I thought Beveridge would turn around Cloke and he would be back to All-Australian CHF, I guess I drank the cool-aid too.

Hollywood serves a role for the US and offers them up the American Dream served back to them, as long as Hollywood serves up this fair, the premise of legitimacy falls wayside. more still, equality, and sex-parity.

Who wouldn't whore themselves for a role. Especially if it was just the one where he wanted someone to watch him jerk into a pot plant. s**t I'd do it for a salad roll if I was hungry enough.

Agree, personally don't have any issues with them doing this to get their careers going and then to cry foul later on.

They farqed him literally, they might as well farq him figuratively after getting paid.

Add matt Damon to that list for defending Weinstein. I really dislike Damon now.
Originally it was reported that Damon was an enabler, apparently Crowe and him stopped a story about Weinstein's behaviour back in 2004
I'm not sure that I'd be using this as a reason to justify disliking Damon.

As has been pointed out by the editors of the NYT at the time that this story was supposedly stopped in 2004, the author of that article left the NYT soon after and has been building her own blog empire. If she had the proof of Weinstein's doings and of Crowe and Damon shutting it down, there wouldn't have been anything to stop her from using the story to get her own blog publicity, so the fact that she never came forward suggests she never had evidence anywhere near as conclusive as the authors of the NYT article that actually did blow up this whole situation regarding Weinstein's abhorrent behaviour.

Most people comming out have enough money Bruh. Angelina Jolie who's worth about 200 million US is gonna spend 3 years suing Weinstein to try to make an extra million.

Sure mate, Don't be a knob

story in todays news about Tarantino sahing that he knew for years and did nothing.
weak mother*er, happy to bully journo's in interviews and carry on like some sort of legend on the red carpet but in reality as weak as piss.
not only an ugly s.o.b on the outside, even worse inside.
as for woody allen, never understood the love for his movies, managed to sit through half of annie hall before i turned that s**t off. no wonder he's reluctant to make a damning comment considering the weasel is an incestuous paedophile himself.

Judging by a lot of the media I'm seeing Weinstein's behavior was pretty much the worst kept secret in Hollywood for the last twenty years. Everyone knew what he did, yet they either put up with it, turned a blind eye to it, or left the industry because of it (some women actors did after an encounter with this bloke). The irony in all this is the Yanks then go and elect a president who is an admitted "pussy groper" yet are outraged by the equally grotesque Weinstein.

It's been sad to hear many women in other industries coming out and saying it's common for them too. I guess what they say is true, the men who don't do it, don't see it - because I've never seen it and have never known a woman who has been sexually harassed at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back