Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw an ad for lotto claiming that they give all this money to the community... 'when Australia dreams, we all win'. wtf?

Well they do. Bulk of all money from lotto minus commissions and operating cost goes to thr government in revenue for schools hospitals etc

So basically "we pay tax"?

Its more that lottos generate large amounts of revenue for the community.

Its part of a push against online lotto like the one that has popped up based in NT or WA where you can bet on the outcomes of lotto all around the world. With that you dont "win" you bet and if the numbers you pick come up the bet is paid out through an insurance payment.

Basically they keep all the money and the government gets nothing aside from tax on their profits like any other company. Unlike The Lot which hands over a substantial amount more.

So im in the warehouse and I get a call from the sales lady in the office to check some stock levels, I tell her I will go and see her and tell her how many we have once ive checked, this is how I said it though.

"Once I know ill come into ya"

Yeah I realised how bad that sounded very soon after I said, seems to have gone unnoticed by her though hahaha

I wondered how this worked.

Yeah its quite brilliant actually, and exploits a few loopholes that exist. They saw the need for it and have set up well. The issue however is that the government can probably legislate against it if it becomes too big so id suggest they may be on borrowed time.

Im not across all the facts, that's just how it was explained to me when i was doing the research for the American Powerball when it was like 800 million or something stupid.

So im in the warehouse and I get a call from the sales lady in the office to check some stock levels, I tell her I will go and see her and tell her how many we have once ive checked, this is how I said it though.

"Once I know ill come into ya"

Yeah I realised how bad that sounded very soon after I said, seems to have gone unnoticed by her though hahaha
excellent work, its going to be one hell of a staff Christmas Party this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DERO jmoo Alfred E Neuman Lance Uppercut and co...

Feel like we might be slowly pushing toward a junior tanked...

Chances of getting the little ones to one of the family day Sunday games next year, mother's club play date style?

Or is the whole idea waaay to much of a HF ?
Great idea Howie. Next year is a long way away through - happy to meet up in one of school holidays between now and then.

I wondered how this worked.

Yeah its quite brilliant actually, and exploits a few loopholes that exist. They saw the need for it and have set up well. The issue however is that the government can probably legislate against it if it becomes too big so id suggest they may be on borrowed time.

Im not across all the facts, that's just how it was explained to me when i was doing the research for the American Powerball when it was like 800 million or something stupid.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...a/news-story/005c3273e2038528201a2706946825e1

Like clockwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Back