2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodongo is thinking if we get Jong we should nickname him Dojongo.

Do we really want to nickname a new player after a one-testicled* board member who can't, or won't, use the personal self-referencing pronoun?
(No offence Dodongo - love your work!)

*Testicle removal still to be confirmed.

Hope we get Lin Jong just for the gags

lin-puns-exc-e1329406833671.jpg

People get paid to find players who may be able to be swayed and sell the club to them. Not saying it's easy but it is what their job is. I'm naive am i, suggest pretending that having some sort of inside knowledge on the 'team' strategy when clearly just a supporter is naive. Thought the strategy beginning of trade week was couple of semi experienced mid fielders?
I'm not quite sure what you said there. I certainly don't pretend to have any sort of insider knowledge. Noble and Fagan have been vocal since they walked in to the club about building through the draft, over successive drafts, with as many top 25 picks as possible. Just so happens they are following a rebuild blueprint I suggested when I first jumped on board here, so I'm all in with it.

Noble has also been clear about not picking up "steak knives" type players, or players that won't help us build towards our next potential championship team via trade.

We made a play for Matthew Kennedy from GWS. Kennedy nominated Carlton as his team of choice. So we lucked out. We have made an offer of our pick 20 to Adelaide for Charlie Cameron. Adelaide want more and are refusing to budge at this stage. Other than these two players, their really isn't any other quality players in or out of contract that look like possible trade targets this year.

There are a lot of deals that need to go down today in such a short period of time, surely some won’t get done. Could be a good year to be holding pick 1 in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we do the Hodge deal. 1 out of curotisy to hawthorn as we would want a late pick if the shoe was on the other foot, also I think it would be very handy to have pick 1 in the PSD draft for anyone else that might pop up.

I'm actually over the VFL and following it, this trade for Gibbs is absolutely ludicirious the price Crows are playing, literally Carlton has continually been given a free hand to rebuild and are going to be well ahead of us which has absolutely destroyed my faith in the system.

Melbourne got a similar hand back in the day

Sorry, its a great suggestion!
But we wont get Weller.
Weller wants out and back to QLD ,Freeo have been chasing Hogan (Nut Cancer fathers death compassionate reasons) Melbourne replace there power forward who they may lose next year and reload a pick into this years draft perfect world this makes sense.

Great deal for both clubs. Gibbs will push the Crows to another level and the Blues have 3 top 16 picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back