List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is it was all for insurance.
If the Dogs bid 16 on Naish, then we match it with 17 and take 20 and 25 to the draft.
All a bit underwhelming.
Remember thouugh that we got a premiership and pick 15 (turned into picks 20 and 25) for Deledio, who will barely play another game.

HG3jd2X.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We now know why the AFL abandoned the 4 year trading concept, because if they didn't Ablett would not be back at Geelong and and if Ablett did make his way back, Geelong would be staring at a 3 year ban from trading their 1st rounders. IMO the AFL conducted draft and trade tampering all to see the fairytale of Ablett back to Geelong.

Well I guess we must be at the salary cap limit. Schache & Stringer went pretty cheaply & we sat on our hands.

I would say its more a case of the culture we have created and the fact that we won the flag by 40 points lat year. Id be happy with the risks...as a fan....as a recruiter with my job on the line trying to maintain a premiership winning list not so much. We all want to jump up and down and post the Its Happening gif. But we really dont need to take risks. Look at the clubs that did, they are trying to take a leap. My 2 cents anyway

15 is worth 1112 points + 52 worth 246 = 1358

20 worth 912 + 25 worth 756 = 1668

We gain 310 point worth of value from the swap, equivalent to a free pick 47.

Points mean 0 if Naish gets bid on at 16.

My guess is it was all for insurance.
If the Dogs bid 16 on Naish, then we match it with 17 and take 20 and 25 to the draft.
All a bit underwhelming.
Remember thouugh that we got a premiership and pick 15 (turned into picks 20 and 25) for Deledio, who will barely play another game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back