Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
while I certainly think we'd be in trouble if the Greens won majority in both houses, quite often they're the only ones standing up for the interests of the general public.

Scott Ludlam as a lone voice speaking out against the TPP immediately comes to mind - and in a more general sense the two major parties couldn't give a s**t about our basic rights as citizens and are eroding them constantly - the Greens are against that.

point being, you don't have to be anywhere near the Greens on the political spectrum to agree with them (and vote with them) on some things.
Don't think he's be pulling these figures out of his clacker....

Don't think he's be pulling these figures out of his clacker....

what's that got to do with what I said?

that article doesn't even say anything about his voting record in parliament let alone how it relates to the Greens. The closest it gets to either of those topics is Hanson-Young talking about the importance of having "alternate voices" (i.e. as opposed to letting Liberal and Labor push through whatever they please) and she's dead right on that, that's why the bloody parliament exists in the first place.

so what's your point? You're acting like Xenophon is a raging greenie, but last time I checked they only get to vote yes or no on what gets put in front of them... is it really any wonder there's a lot of overlap when so much stuff that's been put forward lately deserves to be knocked back?

what's that got to do with what I said?

that article doesn't even say anything about his voting record in parliament let alone how it relates to the Greens. The closest it gets to either of those topics is Hanson-Young talking about the importance of having "alternate voices" (i.e. as opposed to letting Liberal and Labor push through whatever they please) and she's dead right on that, that's why the bloody parliament exists in the first place.

so what's your point? You're acting like Xenophon is a raging greenie, but last time I checked they only get to vote yes or no on what gets put in front of them... is it really any wonder there's a lot of overlap when so much stuff that's been put forward lately deserves to be knocked back?
Where did I make reference to the article?.
The reference was to the Senator stating that the X man voted with the Greens 70% of the time.

Where did I make reference to the article?.
The reference was to the Senator stating that the X man voted with the Greens 70% of the time.
yeah but that's pretty meaningless on it's own, jumping at shadows. I assumed the article might actually have something interesting to elaborate on.

That's exactly what it is. Don't do business with a lesbian couple = discrimination. Don't do business with someone voting no on same-sex marriage = standing up for diversity.

It's the same thing.

And surely capitalism allows business people to make their own decisions and pay the consequences if they make the wrong one.
No actually discrimination is against the law

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk

No actually discrimination is against the law

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk
Discrimination is not. Everyone discriminates. There are a number of grounds upon which you are not allowed to discriminate: marital status, pregnancy, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, and a couple of others.
Unless there is a legitimate reason: want to hire a female actress to portray a female or a child for a child role.

You can discriminate on grounds of behaviour, experience, religion, ability or attitude.

Discrimination just means to differentiate or decide.

So let's get this straight:

Puerto Rico gets devastated by a hurricane, with many homes flattened and nobody has electricity (something with which we can sympathise in SA unfortunately!)

Their PRESIDENT, instead of being a figure of symbolic support and of real assistance, comes and says 'Hmmm, you've thrown our budget out of whack' and takes his sweet time getting critical aid. When Puerto Ricans complain about this second-class-citizen treatment, Trump now says 'Your infrastructure was a disaster even before the hurricane' and threatens to pull aid workers out.

The president's handling and comments about this are absolutely disgraceful. Shades of the treatment SA has gotten from Canberra in recent years.

So let's get this straight:

Puerto Rico gets devastated by a hurricane, with many homes flattened and nobody has electricity (something with which we can sympathise in SA unfortunately!)

Their PRESIDENT, instead of being a figure of symbolic support and of real assistance, comes and says 'Hmmm, you've thrown our budget out of whack' and takes his sweet time getting critical aid. When Puerto Ricans complain about this second-class-citizen treatment, Trump now says 'Your infrastructure was a disaster even before the hurricane' and threatens to pull aid workers out.

The president's handling and comments about this are absolutely disgraceful. Shades of the treatment SA has gotten from Canberra in recent years.
To compare the handouts we get in SA to their situation is laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Privatisation isn't always better than the Government owning key assets and infrastructure.

I find it breathtaking when I hear a Government privatise something and then say - in the next breath - that prices won't go up, as if private companies aren't interested in raising prices to increase profit.

There is only one way to guarantee that. Don't sell it in the first place.

Apparently the Libs blocked Jay from doing a tribute speech to the Holden workers today.

Probably just as well, for Jay's own safety.

neither party at state nor national level have any right to pay their respects.

Yep.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/7a7980bce334c0ff7dcb9b10b5e59d92

FEDERAL bureaucrats have ordered an MP to remove the word “Holden” from a tribute to Adelaide car workers who will lose their jobs when the iconic carmaker closes its factory later this week.

Labor MP Nick Champion accused the Federal Government of trying to airbrush the Holden factory closure from history after Finance Department officials told his office to remove the company’s name from a newsletter headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back