Certified Legendary Thread 2017 The Summer of George Trade Period Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We have strengthened our position in the supposedly strong 2018 draft with a possibility of four picks in the top 40. While that is a good move we are very short on experienced reserves.

I disagree. This is the team I want to see play R1 next year:

B: Houston / Clurey / Jonas
HB: Pittard / Howard / DBJ
C: Motlop / Wines / Polec
HF: Wingard / Watts / Boak
F: R Gray / Dixon / S Gray

R: Ryder / Rockliff / Ebert

I: Hartlett / Amon / SPP / Marshall

Players outside that 22 who have played 30+ games of AFL: Westhoff, Broadbent, Hombsch, Neade, White, Toumpas. Then you've got Bonner, Atley, Johnson, Palmer, Snelling who have had a taste. Frampton 21 and ready. Lienert mature aged and full of potential.

So thats 6 players who've played over 30 games of AFL as experienced reserves. The Crows, adding in Gibbs & McGovern to their GF side, taking out Otten, will have 4 players in their reserves with 30+ games of AFL experience. Richmond, who just won the flag, will have 6 players with 30+ games of AFL experience next year (and thats not assuming they delist someone like Taylor Hunt or Jake Batchelor for example, which they still might).

So for me, our back up experience is comparable to other clubs.

All we have done is move on players that we know are not good enough. Lobbe, Young, AhChee, Impey have had plenty of chances. Throw in Austin. These guys couldnt win us a SANFL flag so i've got no issues at all in saying goodbye to these peeps and putting faith in the new batch coming through.

If we suffer a big injury list, we may be in trouble, but guess what. If we kept Young & Austin, we'd still be in the same trouble.

Very Solid Trade period. Got rid of a number of players who were either gold passes or were taking up cap space whilst playing for the magpies. Will be interested in seeing which DFA's we pick up and who we eventually rookie list. Good to see the list being refreshed and I am looking forward to season 2018.

Same bullshit thinking as 2014 and 2016. Oh but Kenny, Kenny we need more 175cm flankers, dont pick 4 rucks on a 44 man list, or 47 if you use cat B rookies, type mentality.

Ryder goes down for 6 games we have 0 gamer 21 year old Frampton and 0 gamer 19 year old Ladhams rucking who realistically is probably a couple of years away being ready to ruck a big slab of games at AFL level. Frampton is injury prone. Especially in the preseason, which means you have a poor preseason you have an average year. I want Frampton to succeed. I want him to be played when Ryder is around. But I also want Marshall to play. Who knows which way Ken goes. I don't want Watts and Dixon being more than a pinch hitter here and there. We aren't paying them the big bucks to ruck.

The club's got this.

I present to you, the no rucks 22

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6221

The club's got this.

I present to you, the no rucks 22

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=6221
And Jacobs was brain dead and when he rucked against Rioli and co. rather than belting the ball 30-40m into space he went for a nothing palm down to his followers and they then got gang tackled by the mosquitoes. Clubs - not all of them, but the smart ones - will wake up to this bullshit and they wont get away with it.

And if you are consistent, then we shouldn't have recruited Watts and play Marshall because Richmond didn't need more than Riewoldt. When they get away with doing it successfully for 4 or 5 years in a row get back to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say we finish 4th next season. Which picks are we taking to the draft (before academy, compensation etc)?
If we finish 4th and S Kilda and North finish the same place in 2018 as 2017 we will have

15, 26 ( St Kilda) 33, 40 (North), 87

Kane Corner just went bang re Gibbs and adelaide being hypocrites!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

View attachment 430200

Yes, I thought that was *media nods head* worthy :p

I think the customers are going to spend the rest of the hour attacking Kane rather than gloating about their trade period spoils, so job well done!

lol CH 7 news just had a dedicated 3-4 min segment for the Crows trades breaking them right down only focusing on the positives, then had a different segment which mentioned Port where it barely talked about them and then just quickly moved onto all the other trades.

#balance

Yes, I thought that was *media nods head* worthy :p

I think the customers are going to spend the rest of the hour attacking Kane rather than gloating about their trade period spoils, so job well done!

Do Sportsday SA chuck audio up on a website or something?

lol CH 7 news just had a dedicated 3-4 min segment for the Crows trades breaking them right down only focusing on the positives, then had a different segment which mentioned Port where it barely talked about them and then just quickly moved onto all the other trades.

#balance

Warning - C7 are campaigners

#balance
Warning - C7 are campaigners

Isn't Warren Tredrea on C9 - why are you watching 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back