Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Enough of the being nice s**t off the field honestly.

This. There's a time an a place for nice but trading one of your best mids isn't the time. No wonder Hawthorn didn't blink and signed the deal in 3 seconds!

SilentHunter_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 15, 2014
Terra firma
AFL Club
Sydney
This. There's a time an a place for nice but trading one of your best mids isn't the time. No wonder Hawthorn didn't blink and signed the deal in 3 seconds!
That too to one of our biggest rivals....

giphy.gif

Grow a set Sydney.

They'd already given away their next year's first for O'meara I think. Should've gotten a future second at least.

The Omeara deal was literally last day of the trade period though.

Carolyn

All Australian
Dec 8, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Think over the years the swans and the Hawks have kept a pretty good trade relationship and we probably wanted to maintain that. Obviously we received unders for Mitchell but probably come out on top overall in recent years.

Think over the years the swans and the Hawks have kept a pretty good trade relationship and we probably wanted to maintain that. Obviously we received unders for Mitchell but probably come out on top overall in recent years.

There is taking under and taking a royal reaming though. The one thing that did surprise me a bit last year was how quickly we let the trade go through.

Mitchell for Hayward basically.
He says he wants to hit the midfield the young fellow so perhaps short term pain for long term gain.

As I said, I was happy with who we got for the picks and Hayward will be a bonafide star, but it still doesn't mean we took a reaming from Hawthorn. Next time we might not be so lucky getting Hayward like players.

Swans need to grow a set and actually hardball a bit, at least for your top players.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
As I said, I was happy with who we got for the picks and Hayward will be a bonafide star, but it still doesn't mean we took a reaming from Hawthorn. Next time we might not be so lucky getting Hayward like players.

Swans need to grow a set and actually hardball a bit, at least for your top players.

Ultimately you do a deal that gets what you wany to your club. From all reports we wanted Florent & Hayward. We got the deal done early with the Hawks in order to trade up the draft with Port.

Get over Mitchell for **** sake.
Please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, create a Mitchell only thread. Then those of us that don't want to keep going over and over and over and over something that is in the past and we cannot change can ignore it and read threads that we are actually interested in without coming across varying versions of Mitchell history!

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, create a Mitchell only thread. Then those of us that don't want to keep going over and over and over and over something that is in the past and we cannot change can ignore it and read threads that we are actually interested in without coming across varying versions of Mitchell history!
Mitchell discussion needs to go to tsb RW. Nearly every thread is derailed by some Mitchell nonsense.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Back