Bumped Ablett signs with Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablett stays and turns down Gold Coast but who would’ve left? Our salary cap would’ve been at breaking point had Gaz signed with us, I reckon maybe 2 of our premiership champs would’ve had to look elsewhere.
We won the premiership the following year. Steve Johnson must have been potential hot property. So too Bartel, Hawkins, Selwood.

So, why wasn't our salary cap at breaking point after '11?

There's your answer. ;)

Ablett stays and turns down Gold Coast but who would’ve left? Our salary cap would’ve been at breaking point had Gaz signed with us, I reckon maybe 2 of our premiership champs would’ve had to look elsewhere.

Milburn Mooney and maybe Ottens all would have been shoved a year early (i doubt we would have won in 2011 without them) and one or two of your mid tier kelly/chapman/corey types would have had tl go. I am sure the club had a plan for that i Ablett stayed but it would have been painful.

So how do you feel now?

I have to say Nakia so what? People at the time were very upset. A club legend's kid just snubbed his nose at the club for more money. In hindsight, yes we all would have taken it and
I have no doubt that others, like me, said things at the time that we'd regret.

So I guess, what's the reason for your highlight here? Gloating, or just??

I agree with you that the post was not supportive of him, which he'd given us a lot. I'm not alone here.

I'm very happy to see him back, where he should finish his career, surrounded with his community that loves him, and his family.

I have to say Nakia so what? People at the time were very upset. A club legend's kid just snubbed his nose at the club for more money. In hindsight, yes we all would have taken it and
I have no doubt that others, like me, said things at the time that we'd regret.

So I guess, what's the reason for your highlight here? Gloating, or just??

I agree with you that the post was not supportive of him, which he'd given us a lot. I'm not alone here.

I'm very happy to see him back, where he should finish his career, surrounded with his community that loves him, and his family.
I wasn't having a crack mate It was a genuine question after emotions were probably running high at the time. I don't begrudge him for leaving ... any sane person would leave their current job for a $1,000,000 pay rise.

I wasn't having a crack mate It was a genuine question after emotions were probably running high at the time. I don't begrudge him for leaving ... any sane person would leave their current job for a $1,000,000 pay rise.

I'd give my kidney away for that. Emotions were definitely high, a fair few of us were absolutely gutted. But like us all hopefully, back on the Ablett train! toot toot.

I'd give my kidney away for that. Emotions were definitely high, a fair few of us were absolutely gutted. But like us all hopefully, back on the Ablett train! toot toot.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt that his first home game will be sold out before I even look for a ticket

Going to be a great year I can’t ******* wait

And that's just it, he's worth so much more to Geelong than anywhere else. Perhaps if he had his time over again, he may have made another choice.
Membership, attendance figures at Geelong and merch will skyrocket this year.

Having no ruck cost us both the Freo and Hawks finals in 2013.
Totally dude. So too did no chapman or Enright in the prelim. We were the best side in 2013 and coulda shoulda...but ablett in despite our bad luck with injuries and suspension (* you afl) would have been more than enough. His form in 2013 was next level.

Will you be at the first game or first home game Nackers?
Hopefully. Depends what date I leave.

But ... I'll probably fly down regardless.

I don't see someone like Paddy ever being seduced by the lucre Demetriou threw at GAJ. Let's not forget that it was actually GAJ who initiated the possibility of signing with the GC.

I distinctly remember Jnr. being upset (unreasonably so since Geelong's salary cap was bursting at the seams) at not being able to renegotiate his contract mid-way through the 2008 season due to him being recognized as the league's number 1 player, and suspect this was catalyst for him approaching the franchises.

He felt taken advantage of and wanted to recoup the monies he thought Geelong 'screwed' him out of and in his mind was rightfully entitled to. I appreciate what GAJ has achieved at the club but someone is not being bitter/abusive/whatever for calling him out for his behaviour. Granted he may no longer be as motivated by money but he definitely was 7 years ago.

There are much worse things in life than to be called a merc, money grabber, etc... It's not like anybody is accusing of being a murderer or something truly slanderous of that nature.

I don't see someone like Paddy ever being seduced by the lucre Demetriou threw at GAJ. Let's not forget that it was actually GAJ who initiated the possibility of signing with the GC.

I distinctly remember Jnr. being upset (unreasonably so since Geelong's salary cap was bursting at the seams) at not being able to renegotiate his contract mid-way through the 2008 season due to him being recognized as the league's number 1 player, and suspect this was catalyst for him approaching the franchises.

He felt taken advantage of and wanted to recoup the monies he thought Geelong 'screwed' him out of and in his mind was rightfully entitled to. I appreciate what GAJ has achieved at the club but someone is not being bitter/abusive/whatever for calling him out for his behaviour. Granted he may no longer be as motivated by money but he definitely was 7 years ago.

There are much worse things in life than to be called a merc, money grabber, etc... It's not like anybody is accusing of being a murderer or something truly slanderous of that nature.
Are you sure any of this is fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back