Photo with the cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple solution sell tickets online and allocate times to people what are they doing over summer are we in a rush to lock the cup away in the trophy cabinet?

No reason everyone who wants a go can't get a go doing it that way

people then bitch about that - forgotten the reaction to those missing finals tickets already?

when you have as many members as we do, compromises have to be made because you cannot give everyone the fan experience they all want

* still remember someone complained about the family day once, saying you should be able to have a 3-5 minute conversation each with at least 2-3 players.

I don't recall too many sponsors rattling tins

no they just contribute hundreds of thousands of dollars each

*edit - worth noting in an article leading up to the GF about SOS, we did have one corporate donation, Just Jeans (even though he was a sydney swans dude)

This still doesn't explain the testimonies of people on here saying some outsiders have been handling it.

define "outsiders"

I once worked at a sponsor for Port, and we had it at our workplace for one day when they won the flag. my company was sponsoring them for hundreds of thousands of dollars though, so its not like they were an outsider

between supporter groups, sponsors, and the roadshow, the cup has a pretty full itinerary

people then bitch about that - forgotten the reaction to those missing finals tickets already?

when you have as many members as we do, compromises have to be made because you cannot give everyone the fan experience they all want

* still remember someone complained about the family day once, saying you should be able to have a 3-5 minute conversation each with at least 2-3 players.

What is the rush? are we in a hurry to put the trophy in a cabinet forever?

there is no reason you can't sell as many tickets as required and allocate times

*edit - worth noting in an article leading up to the GF about SOS, we did have one corporate donation, Just Jeans (even though he was a sydney swans dude)

No members, no sponsors the sponsors are only here because they want to get their product name out to viewers and members

What is the rush? are we in a hurry to put the trophy in a cabinet forever?

there is no reason you can't sell as many tickets as required and allocate times

No members, no sponsors the sponsors are only here because they want to get their product name out to viewers and members

because it costs to have a travelling roadshow, transport, logistics, security, insurance, etc

and people dont want to pay - remember the backlash against the dogs?

as for the sponsors argument, we all want new facilities, new equipment, new coaches, without sponsors we dont get that. sponsors pay for access, its the same at all clubs

because it costs to have a travelling roadshow, transport, logistics, security, insurance, etc

and people dont want to pay - remember the backlash against the dogs?

as for the sponsors argument, we all want new facilities, new equipment, new coaches, without sponsors we dont get that. sponsors pay for access, its the same at all clubs

Who said anything about traveling?

Sits at pro if you want a photo come there

I don't remember any backlash and everything in life costs money.

Mate just messaged me a pic of it at today's showing in Dandenong I think, they're no longer roping it off a metre away and they're allowing everyone to get a pic next to it holding the handles.

That's all that was required yesterday. At least they've changed it up now which is good for the rest of the fans.

Just to confirm they're not letting people lift it up which is perfectly understandable. But you can get next to it and hold the handles. Also the club will start letting members hold the cup intermittently starting next year.

Last edited:
Mate just messaged me a pic, they're no longer roping it off a metre away and they're allowing everyone to get a pic next to it holding the handles.

That's all that was required yesterday. At least they've changed it up now which is good for the rest of the fans.

What time is cup open to today ?

my point exactly. we had sponsors back then as well , didn't see too many rattling tins

Mate just messaged me a pic of it at today's showing in Dandenong I think, they're no longer roping it off a metre away and they're allowing everyone to get a pic next to it holding the handles.

they read social media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my point exactly. we had sponsors back then as well , didn't see too many rattling tins

Some did, just privately as individuals

Remember a company has to make an economic justification for its spending. Hard to do that with vanity projects like propping up a footy club unless you are a sole trader

Who said anything about traveling?

Sits at pro if you want a photo come there

I don't remember any backlash and everything in life costs money.

Were several threads on bf bagging the s**t out of the dogs for it, esp mb

Where are pro? Reception isnt exactly made for queuing (it is a working office remember)

define "outsiders"

I once worked at a sponsor for Port, and we had it at our workplace for one day when they won the flag. my company was sponsoring them for hundreds of thousands of dollars though, so its not like they were an outsider

between supporter groups, sponsors, and the roadshow, the cup has a pretty full itinerary
A change of tune has happened 24 hr later so all you’ve stated is off the topic and irrelevant. It appears the club had rectified
the situation by allowing the fans to touch it in photos.

A change of tune has happened 24 hr later so all you’ve stated is off the topic and irrelevant. It appears the club had rectified
the situation by allowing the fans to touch it in photos.

They still arent letting people grab it, which is what most here wanted.

Its still roped off, with heavily regulated access.

Were several threads on bf bagging the s**t out of the dogs for it, esp mb

Where are pro? Reception isnt exactly made for queuing (it is a working office remember)

The bigfooty main board is so far removed from reality. If we didnt do things because they might get upset then nothing would ever get done.

Where was it yesterday? What is happening in the Maurice rioli room? The whole point of allocating times is to cut down queues.

Went to Officer today for the photo. Not a massive crowd by any means but took about an hour in line as people spent a bit of time with the cup.

We were able to stand immediately in front of it, touch it and grab a handle, just not lift it off the podium.

Seems like we got a different experience to PRO yesterday, but no one who went today could complain. Didn't have to wait long, didn't have to pay and got great photos. Very happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back