Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talented footballers will almost always get their chance in the big league if they push themselves. I have little knowledge of the Development League and as you all know haven’t been a big fan of the TAC (sorry Ringo). I would rather make the recruiters work harder and keep the players at clubs with history and culture where local supporters can enjoy their talent, preferably their local club.
Yes I’m old fashioned and out of touch, but that’s what I think.

I have no problem with anyone having a problem with TAC footy...I can totally understand and there are some things about it that I don't agree with. Some of these are similar opinions to Mick McGuane's

Talented footballers will almost always get their chance in the big league if they push themselves. I have little knowledge of the Development League and as you all know haven’t been a big fan of the TAC (sorry Ringo). I would rather make the recruiters work harder and keep the players at clubs with history and culture where local supporters can enjoy their talent, preferably their local club.
Yes I’m old fashioned and out of touch, but that’s what I think.
Amen.
I don't think it's a problem at all losing the VFL 2's. Originally I thought it may be a problem, but it's not really.
Good young players will still make it to a VFL list who weren't drafted (those with REALISTIC chance of making it) and whilst they're trying to establish themselves are still connected to their local club.
It works fine, trust me. I've seen it work.

You'll miss the odd few that work their way up via the two's that no one thought would make it at VFL level but the positives in this for local footy and for individual players to realise honestly where they're at are much greater than the negatives.

Anymore news from up on the murray?
Surely walker will have a couple of handy types heading to Echuca!
Had a coffee with him down here.
Focus appears to be on bringing a complete cultural change to the club.
Homegrown talent and development thereof plus retention of mature age guys top priority.
Not interested in Mercenaries.

Had a coffee with him down here.
Focus appears to be on bringing a complete cultural change to the club.
Homegrown talent and development thereof plus retention of mature age guys top priority.
Not interested in Mercenaries.

So I assume some of the mercenies playing there already will be given their marching orders then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amen.
I don't think it's a problem at all losing the VFL 2's. Originally I thought it may be a problem, but it's not really.
Good young players will still make it to a VFL list who weren't drafted (those with REALISTIC chance of making it) and whilst they're trying to establish themselves are still connected to their local club.
It works fine, trust me. I've seen it work.

You'll miss the odd few that work their way up via the two's that no one thought would make it at VFL level but the positives in this for local footy and for individual players to realise honestly where they're at are much greater than the negatives.

Are you talking to yourself?[/QUOTE

Best you can do is stop going to the footy,paranoia is a bitch, they are talking about you at the quarter time huddle
Get over yourself,their was never an attack on you.
You tried(lamely) to enquire re: mercenaries.
You got your answer.

Had a coffee with Brad Green recently,
Looks like our boy enjoys his coffees

Best you can do is stop going to the footy,paranoia is a bitch, they are talking about you at the quarter time huddle
Get over yourself,their was never an attack on you.
You tried(lamely) to enquire re: mercenaries.
You got your answer.

Okay mate...if you had any knowledge of footy ud know my background and passion for country footy. I'll back myself in to have more knowledge and respect in these parts than you.

Just for the record don't throw words like "mercenary" around if you aren't prepared to be asked questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back