Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crameri's hips are in a bad state. He will be a walking sick note. We don't need another player like that.

I wonder if blokes like Tsitas, Capiron, Atkins or Dobson will be considered for depth? Probably not, given all the first year players we brought on last year which should see some improvement next season. Capiron's is probably the better prospect of those, but we already have enough depth in the defence, we need some better prospects Forward - a small type and a CHF.

Crameri's hips are in a bad state. He will be a walking sick note. We don't need another player like that.

I wonder if blokes like Tsitas, Capiron, Atkins or Dobson will be considered for depth? Probably not, given all the first year players we brought on last year which should see some improvement next season. Capiron's is probably the better prospect of those, but we already have enough depth in the defence, we need some better prospects Forward - a small type and a CHF.

Atkins Capiron Tsitas and McLachlan (maybe Dobson too) will all be in the draft mix. Looks like Keras will be coming back to play for our vfl team if he doesn't get drafted so that will strengthen our vfl team. They are decent players our issue is we will probably only have one rookie spot free (elevate parsons and keep the other rookies) and our first 3 picks will probably be kids so it's really only 58 in play for a mature player. But some of our vfl guys are capable and may get picked up by other clubs.

I can see where Lana is coming from a wingman is exactly the position we need filled but Hartung while a decent player is a bit too soft for my liking.

I can see where Lana is coming from a wingman is exactly the position we need filled but Hartung while a decent player is a bit too soft for my liking.

Any of Cockatoo, Parfitt, Parsons, Thurlow along with Duncan on the other wing > Hartung cheers :thumbsu:

As I recall the coach emphatically stated he wanted to keep Motlop less than two weeks ago. I'm sure almost every player has something that helped them make a decision. Something you could create a caveat for if you tried hard enough.

Yep, we could count Motlop as one of the few who returned home.

Something you could create a caveat for if you tried hard enough.

How about the fact that Motlop was from the Northern Territory and Port Adelaide does not count as home for a caveat?:D

Last edited:
He would be more than just a little useful.
A 4 time AFL club leading goal kicker, but then any Geelong player has a higher ceiling than that no doubt of course!
I remember plenty on here turned their noses up at Eddie Betts when he was on the market.
Geniuses.
Surely you are not comparing Crameri to Eddie. Eddie I would have taken in a split second

Goes at nearly 2 goals a game 40+ a season, he's fresh and ready.
3X Essendon and 1XBulldogs leading goal kicker.
What's Menzel going to give next year that's if he makes it through pre season?
We'd have nothing to loose but plenty to gain.
His best season was 37 goals, 40+ is a stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised If they delisted Hartung to be honest. It's not as If they're blessed for speed.
Yeah, but that's actually how bad he is...

The word "spud" was invented in the knowledge that he would play AFL football one day.

Motlop rarely played forward which was an issue.

More like a disaster. Motlop was poorly used in the last two years in my mind. God I hope it wasn't a Bomber like treatment for some reason. My guess is they think they'll either develop or find a replacement rather than working to keep him which it felt they didn't for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More like a disaster. Motlop was poorly used in the last two years in my mind. God I hope it wasn't a Bomber like treatment for some reason. My guess is they think they'll either develop or find a replacement rather than working to keep him which it felt they didn't for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's one of the big issues that I have with this coaching staff; players being played out of position.

The last two years have highlighted to me just how unbalanced and unsettled the team has been and it's taken some Dangerfield brilliance to gloss over so many flaws in our structure.

We need to get things right and settled at the start of the year so that players know what their roles are and can prepare accordingly.

I'd just like to remind the board that we just had Kolodjashnij on the wing during the finals series.
And would gladly play him there all year over Hartung.

Hartung = poor man’s Tenace.

I'd also play Cunico on a wing over Hartung aswell.
From what I have seen of him he looks a nice player. I think him and parsons could rotate through a wing forward role.
I’m expecting Cunico to play 10- 15 games next year, full preseason and he will press his case.

Why? He's hopeless. The definition of a list clogger...
My own opinion. I love his toughnes in the defence.. he played good in 2016, played majority of the season. He got injuries this year. He is ahead of Zuthrie but his own injuries played a affect on him getting back in the side

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dobson wouldn't be a bad forward prospect. I'm not sure on his pace/pressure but he's a natural forward with strong hands and a good kick.
Knows where to lead. Like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back