Western Australian State Cricket Team: Treble Winners. Again

I just want to see one game where we have a bowling line up of Paris, Dorff, NCN and Mackin. What a day that will be

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Almost 20 years without a Shield, more importantly. Enough of this limited overs stuff. I want some red ball success.

I care more about that than Aus winning the Ashes as it's been so long. And they've got a real chance as they've got so many young players with decent first class experience under their belt.

Anyone know when Marsh is back bowling?

Winning a player of the series award without bowling a ball is a huge leap of improvement for the lad.
I think Shaun was Player of the Series, though Mitch would have been close on merit also.

Perty4

Club Legend
Dec 29, 2002
No where you'd find
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Huge credit to JL and the coaching staff along with all the players, I cant recall this sort of optimism around a WA squad since the glory days of back to back shields in the late 90s. There's just so much talent at our hands. 10 of the 11 have represented Australia and you throw in Paris, Agar, Stoinis, Mackin and Whiteman and the squad runs so deep. And with the likes of Mitch, Turner, Hilton and Bancroft coming through together, the memories they make acheiving this success will carry them forward. I've loved the response on Twitter of the past players too, Damien Martyn, Mitch Johnson and Marcus North in particular paying tribute to the squad.

Really must deliver a Shield now - realistically what will our top 11 be for the 1st match? A couple of players are going to be very unlucky.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Klinger is stiff to miss

In one sense yes because he's been a gun player and is still in pretty good touch as a batsman.

In one sense no because it's a competitive top order and I can't see who I would not pick in front of him. Stoinis perhaps.

Only option would have been to have Bancroft keeping and play Stoinis at 7

Surely Mackin plays ahead of Moody?
Bancroft would be the one to bat down the order in that scenario, Stoinis would probably open if that were the case actually.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
In one sense yes because he's been a gun player and is still in pretty good touch as a batsman.

In one sense no because it's a competitive top order and I can't see who I would not pick in front of him. Stoinis perhaps.
IMO he's clearly ahead of Stoinis. Only reason he'd miss is because he's apparently not in Ashes contention which is a rubbish contention when you consider the careers Voges and Rogers had late in their cricketing life. Same issue with Cowan.

Back