Oppo Camp Off-season movements 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Im expecting nothing short of top 2 finish for us with this list
I wouldn't be so quick. The list is one of the best in the VFL, yes, but there are other clubs that could still finish ahead.

How long before the list is finalised? Are there still spots to fill?
They won't finalise until early Feb. I think there's about 10 places to fill between about 25 players now.

They seem to holding on to the squad. It's great for training drills, players are super keen, still uncertainty with AFL player contracts negotiations.

I only saw one Western Jets game and can't say I saw him in that game and if he did play I hardly noticed him, if there was anyone from Jets I would have taken it would have been Brodie Romensky
Pretty sure Brodie is going to end up at Williamstown, part of the production line.

If we pick him up our midfield will s**t on everyone else's from a great height. Bloke is a bona fide star at this level.

Cast off or signing him to see up close what he is like in lue of potentially signing him as a Cat B indigenous academy rookie?
Clearance machine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we start grabbing kids I actually have a certain idea on haha I have no idea on either mate haha
Well Ben Fennell played for Montmorency last year.

Spewing.. Get Josh Freezer back as insurance
Word I've heard that he doesn't want to. Plus the plans for Hooper were to play him forward.

I guess Luxford can play as a pseudo-KPP. I wouldn't mind seeing Strachan there either.

So, all up, this is what we have:

Players formerly on an AFL or State League list:

Sam Hooper, Nick O'Brien, Daniel Younan, Ben Fennell, Michael Luxford, Ozgar Uysal, Eamon Gilbert, Eamonn Ogden, Alex Carr, Jock Cornell, Joel Madden (11)

Players recruited straight from TAC Cup:

James Ferry, Isaac Muller, James Peters, Aaron Heppell, Wilson Berry, Alex Marklew, Nash Holmes, Bruno Laguda (8)

Players recruited from local leagues:

Alex Boyse, Nick Hind, Ben Dobson, Matt Darby, Charles Lill, Kieran Strachan, Joel Ottavi (7)

The jury's still out on Darby, Lill (with the cancer stuff), Strachan and Ottavi but the others I'm very confident will make good VFL players. It's going to be interesting to see who misses out in round 1.

Yeah

Also have word that my mate Alex Harnett is returning after spending 2017 on the Richmond Tigers VFL list. Did finish top 3 in the league B&F in 2016 as a 20 year old. Kid can play
Rumours suggest that an old school mate of mine in Anthony Forato might be headed back down there. How good is he actually?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back