Prediction What Number will GAJ wear at the Cattery in 2018?

What number will GAJ wear in 2018

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any reason he wouldn’t wear his old man’a number 5?

He never wanted to wear his fathers number when he first came to Geelong as a kid. So I doubt he would want it now.

And I certainly don't think he would take it off Cockatoo.

Bartel reckons No.11 because it's free with Lang leaving + he said Gaz wore No.11 at the Geelong Falcons.

Similar situation if I remember correctly to Danger who wore No.35 at the Geelong Falcons :thumbsu:
Yep totally agree no 11 would be great. I like the idea of players embracing their falcon heritage playing for the cats. Lets face it the falcons are basically geelongs old zone more or less so most falcons would have been cats players yesteryear. Dangers done it now its gazes turn its the logical choice the local boy drafted from the falcons has come home. :D

Would be stupid. Why should anything from an unrelated (and vastly inferior) sport influence what Ablett does?
Err... you may not like basketball but GAJ clearly loves it. I saw him in a Clippers game with a friend around December 2013/ January 2014. I'd say that part of the reason why he wanted to come back to Geelong was influenced by LeBron's decision to return to Cleveland as well.

Last edited:
Err... you may not like basketball but GAJ clearly loves it. I saw him in a Clippers game with a friend around December 2013/ January 2014. I'd say that part of the reason why he wanted to come back to Geelong was influenced by LeBron's decision to return to Cleveland as well.
In an interview GAJ said he was a massive LeBron fan, and originally supported Cleveland, but followed LeBron to Miami, and then followed him back to Cleveland. I think he sees and enjoys the similarities between himself and LeBron.

I don't want Guth to give up 29, something about it says Gaz is bigger than Guth/the team and I just don't like that.
Agreed - and taking away Guthrie's number might just piss another former champion.

Back in 1983, Gary Malarkey decided to head back the farm and forego his footy career. That lasted all of a few months, but in the meantime another player came in and rightly took his number. On Malarkey's return he had to forego his old number and moved on to the next available number. That player who took his number and wouldn't give it back? Gary Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering he was offered 5 when he was drafted and said no. Why would his response be different now?
He never wanted to wear his fathers number when he first came to Geelong as a kid. So I doubt he would want it now.

And I certainly don't think he would take it off Cockatoo.
Any reason he wouldn’t wear his old man’a number 5?
Sorry, replies made before mine but didn't read them in order.

I know it would be weird .. but 029 ... lets face it the whole number thing is to identify the player ... is anyone really going to say they dont know who Gary Ablett is?

The two have a big difference in the hair department :D

Back