Photo with the cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate just messaged me a pic of it at today's showing in Dandenong I think, they're no longer roping it off a metre away and they're allowing everyone to get a pic next to it holding the handles.

That's all that was required yesterday. At least they've changed it up now which is good for the rest of the fans.

Just to confirm they're not letting people lift it up which is perfectly understandable. But you can get next to it and hold the handles. Also the club will start letting members hold the cup intermittently starting next year.
any players in attendence? any merch for sale?

any players in attendence? any merch for sale?
Not sure about there, but at pro they had a lot of framed memorabilia on display. They had the superstore right next door.

No players in attendence either, think they're well and truly in all different parts of the world and Australia.... Except maybe Rance, he seems to be in Melbourne still.

Last edited:

Went to Officer today for the photo. Not a massive crowd by any means but took about an hour in line as people spent a bit of time with the cup.

We were able to stand immediately in front of it, touch it and grab a handle, just not lift it off the podium.

Seems like we got a different experience to PRO yesterday, but no one who went today could complain. Didn't have to wait long, didn't have to pay and got great photos. Very happy
any players there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone who has gone to see the cup, do they have someone there to take a photo of you with your phone if you are there by yourself?

For anyone who has gone to see the cup, do they have someone there to take a photo of you with your phone if you are there by yourself?
Yes, they had people there to take your photos for you!:thumbsu:

Held it Monday arvo. Took some snaps. Cried.

Not going to post as you’ll see me and that will scare people, and it was a private occasion hosted by someone who totally deserves to host the Cup for a night, if not a few more.

Haere Ra

Great day today at the Camelia Grove Hotel in Sydney

I was a bit late today but just strolled in and had as many photos as i wanted... touched it... surpirsed how easy and seamless it was ;)

Tuesday night at my brothers restaurant in Moonee Ponds the cup will be there. Sorry guys its a sold out night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back